Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are These Wires?

Focus_IRE

Hi all,

I was removing the lower part under the radio facia last night (where the rear windcreen heater button is) and i came across a loom that was pluged into a blank on it. Does anyone know what its for?

Here is the picture of it

post-31330-0-49776400-1371720767_thumb.j

Its the one on the left I am wondering what it is (black and red), the other one is the rear windcreen.

Thanks

Possibly the wiring for a car fitted with a quick clear 'front screen' like mine.

Thanks Mike mate, did you fit a switch to yours and does it work?

Some come from the factory like that mate. Were your car has one switch, mine has two... Think they were only fitted to certain models, mine is the titanium so it has most things.

Oh right mate thanks, yeah mine is only LX thats the reason I was wondering what the loom was for.

Definitely front heated screen loom.

You don't get the heated screen unless your car has the Climate Pack.

Thanks Clive,

Does this mean I could put the switch on and it will work?

Not unless you have the windscreen with the matrix in it unfortunately.

Looking at Stephen's photo the colours of the two wires (Black/Red and Green/Orange) are clearly visible just above the tip of his 2nd finger prior to the piece of tape.

That means that the two wire plug is for the Passenger Airbag Deactivation Light and not the Heated Front Screen switch as that has five wires (3 x Black/White, 1 x Green/White, 1 x Orange/White).

Hi Rob

Thanks for that you have a keen eye i forgot to write the colour of wires on it for ye :mellow: . Is is best to leave this on a blank then rather than puttin a switch on it?

Best thing is to either leave it on a blank or tape it up to the loom by the joint in your picture (stops it rattling) unless you're really going to fit the switch and lamp itself as the wiring plug you've shown is only for the warning lamp.

The deactivation switch (requires the use of the ignition key to use it) fits in the glove box in the larger of the two flat areas by the locking loop; the smaller flat area is for the auxiliary audio jack which is not always present.

From what I recall if you go to the dealer to have the Passenger Airbag Deactivation switch and warning lamp fitted they won't do it unless you sign a disclaimer that says you are fully aware of the risks of switching off or forgetting to switch off the front passenger airbag.

You'd only need the switch and lamp if you're going to use a rear facing child seat secured to the front passenger seat as if the air bag went then the child end could risk getting a squashed between the child seat and the passenger seat; hence the dealers wanting a signature on a disclaimer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club