#1 Beedy192

Beedy192

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 Zetec S
  • Year: 2009

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hello guys been a few weeks since I've been on. Just purchased a full set of Bridgestones yesterday and got myself a full set of new brakes. I came home last night and tried to put my Driver window up and nothing happened. My passenger window works fine, I tried a new motor and also tried a new Box with Buttons and neither work. I checked my motor and button box in my friends Fiesta and all works fine. I've called Ford an they are wanting 82 pounds just to have a look. I trust my fellow Fiesta Owners more on here so will put it out there before biting the bullet and taking it to Ford were my pocket will feel a big burning hole.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SandyCat

SandyCat

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Name: Rick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Could be something as simple as a relay or a broken wire in the door hinge.    May be worth doing current tests on the wiring.   Also check to make sure no water is getting onto the electrics.

#3 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

If the components you have removed work you have lost power so I would guess broken wire or rubbish ground I think it's the same fuse for both windows but not positive a quick test with a multimeter will help diagnose it

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users