Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Order placed!! So excited!

BenW

Ben if its any consolation, when I spoke with David Jones at Mountune yesterday, the subject of time scales of people ordering cars came up, he replied that out in Germany they are putting their staff on extra overtime and employing extra staff for more shifts because of the popularity of the fiesta - not many other cars are selling but the Fiesta dont seem to be included in the recession lol. Bet you have a delivery date soon hun ;)

Oh and they still have a few places for the launch promotion upgrade.

Yeah,I would be happier if it just did not seem to be me (likely unlikely but still! :P), some people on here ordering titaniums after me and already got build dates. Also dealership think there and issue potentially now, as others ordering from the same dealer (after me) have got build dates! no logic? hence confusion and extra anticipation/frustration.

It'll all be ok tho, im going to be very happy/excited when i get it either way, just ive paid a £1000 deposit on it etc. and seem to be stuck and no progress. Even if came back and said build date in june (after other people's)... at least I know there is progress. :)

Ah well, fingers crossed for tues.... will leave to lunch time and chase again. blaaaa!

Cant wait to get my beast too mountune tho, im likely going to be skipping around essex..... dont be scared people of Essex ;) lmao.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BenW

• Jonny87

• jma78b

• jayb

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, yes, thanks daddy ;)

i know im being a big kid, just annoying that potentially there is some issue (as dealer seems to think now) and nothing being done about it, by which time being wasted. Oh well, i will pester again easter and hopefully get some result.

Right, got to get ready for work now. doh!!! All you part timers out there dont have to work bank hol's ;) heh.

Daddy? :o I'm a lady :) :lol:

Daddy? :o I'm a lady :) :lol:

lmao ;)

see, now there is a lesson to be learnt here guys ;) or girls as the case may be!! heheh :blink:

lol I must admit I do have to check peoples profiles to see if they are male/female unless its obvious like your username is lol.

I can fully understand your frustrations though when there are others with estimated dates, I would be climbing the walls, when I want something I want it here now not next week/month/year lol. When you come to Essex for your upgrade I will meet you like you suggested for a little photoshoot, also going to get some pics of the exhaust from different angles for you later as not only is it raining here this morning - but just for a change, Max is taking the car out this morning - worked out well being a bank hol weekend for him as normally he works 7 days a week and only gets to drive the car maybe once if that lol.

nice also placed an order 10/04/09 same as yours but vision blue, are you having leather, and if so what colour mines black leather

have fun. :P

lol I must admit I do have to check peoples profiles to see if they are male/female unless its obvious like your username is lol.

I can fully understand your frustrations though when there are others with estimated dates, I would be climbing the walls, when I want something I want it here now not next week/month/year lol. When you come to Essex for your upgrade I will meet you like you suggested for a little photoshoot, also going to get some pics of the exhaust from different angles for you later as not only is it raining here this morning - but just for a change, Max is taking the car out this morning - worked out well being a bank hol weekend for him as normally he works 7 days a week and only gets to drive the car maybe once if that lol.

lol, sounds good!! Thumbs up for essex thing, im booked in for the 18th May, but might change depending when i actually get my car eh. heh.

Tuesday will come around quickly and i will start my pestering then. Just want my car now and i hate myself for delaying in ordering it really ;) haha.

nice also placed an order 10/04/09 same as yours but vision blue, are you having leather, and if so what colour mines black leather

have fun. :P

hey, yeah the x-pack gives you leather. :) I think its like a dark grey colour with white stitching?.

When u say same as mine? what is the same exactly? ;) what extras you order?

mine ....

Model: Titanium 3dr

Engine Size: 1.6

Color: Sea Grey

Options: X Pack, Tech Pack, Full Dress Up Kit, Curtain Airbags, Rear Centre Head Restraint, Rear Parking Sensors, Interior Pack 1 (non-illuminated)

Total Cost £14600

Mountune upgrade booked in for 18th May! 9am!!!!!! wohooooo

congrats on it tho, you only ordered it yest then? bet ur well excited?!!!

• 2 weeks later...

7 weeks since placed order, and as of today still no build date. Will have to check again next fri.

lol, its almost funny... almost :P

Let me know how u guys getting on with order/build dates. Also having doubts over mountune engine upgrade, people who have had it saying its too noisey and drones too much. Since i heard first video of it i was worried it too noisey, hummmmm.

What u guys think?

Ben

7 weeks since placed order, and as of today still no build date. Will have to check again next fri.

Let me know how u guys getting on with order/build dates. Also having doubts over mountune engine upgrade, people who have had it saying its too noisey and drones too much. Since i heard first video of it i was worried it too noisey, hummmmm.

What u guys think?

Ben

Was originally well up for getting it, but living where I do the last thing I want is to draw even more attention to the car, plus I do quite a bit of motorway driving and people are saying the noise is bad on the motorway. Also there is talk of mountune adding some more stages to the upgrade. If i do get it ill probably give it a few years untill maybe I fancy some more power and mountune have finished tweaking.

What u guys think?

Ben

I'm sorry, 7 weeks and still no build date? I don't know how long they normally take but I think that is atrocious. And it isnt funny! Poor you. I know you are in reasonably good spirits about it cos there isnt anything you can do. I personally think that is way too long. It does take the shine off the excitement. We ordered within 2 days of each other and currently mine is in France. I would suggest you cancel and start again with another Ford Dealer but then you would have to wait another 8 weeks or so until delivery. If they are doing the full 12 weeks delivery (like they say they are) you should expect it about end of May. Just think 5 weeks to delivery Ben. I know its out there :)

I'm sorry, 7 weeks and still no build date? I don't know how long they normally take but I think that is atrocious. And it isnt funny! Poor you. I know you are in reasonably good spirits about it cos there isnt anything you can do. I personally think that is way too long. It does take the shine off the excitement. We ordered within 2 days of each other and currently mine is in France. I would suggest you cancel and start again with another Ford Dealer but then you would have to wait another 8 weeks or so until delivery. If they are doing the full 12 weeks delivery (like they say they are) you should expect it about end of May. Just think 5 weeks to delivery Ben. I know its out there :)

Yeah that is quite poor. I thought the Germans were supposed to be really efficient lol obviously not with cars! I'm now at the end of week 5! My guess is another 5 weeks to go........ :( I want it now :(

I've put £1000 deposit down on it.

I will give them a ring tomorow and see if they can check status in more detail cus your right, it is a bit bad really. I know their hands tied, but 7 weeks and no build date. bah!

Anyway, off to work, should distract me for a while ;)

Poor Ben :( U can have another go in mine at the weekend.....or will that make it worse? heheheh Had her cleaned today :D See you later!!!

Bexy, you are a little tease! :lol:

Let him borrow it for the weekend. I think that will make him feel better :)

Is 12 weeks the maximum you wait for a new build? I've ordered a Zetec S, I've read somewhere on here that they are delivered quicker???

Is this right?

Is 12 weeks the maximum you wait for a new build? I've ordered a Zetec S, I've read somewhere on here that they are delivered quicker???

Is this right?

No for the Zetec S, you have to wait for 27 weeks...

:ph34r:

Bexy, you are a little tease! :lol:

Let him borrow it for the weekend. I think that will make him feel better :)

haha Its only payback for all the abuse I get from him :) lol

Is this right?

I dont think there is a "maximum" wait, It took 7 weeks from order for my Zetec S, I dont think there is such a big wait for the Zetec S

No for the Zetec S, you have to wait for 27 weeks...

:ph34r:

:lol:

I hope i only have to wait 7 weeks, i need to drive it before the end on the summer (assuming we have one). I haven't been given any info on build time or delivery time! Saw a blue Zetec S today, which has only wet my appitite even more. Looks great with the big wheels.

I think by having this conversation in Bens thread we might be rubbing salt into his wounds lol but Good Luck!

Ah poor Ben, dont rub his nose in it - but on the other hand, Ben, today I was driving my ZS along singing to the music, window down, sun beating on my arm fully enjoying everyone looking at my mota lol.

We only waited 3 weeks hee hee, but there again I missed out on getting side skirts and bluetooth.

lol, you guys are so mean... its quite alright!

I'll be waking Bex up nice and early 2mos.... And im sure i will be getting mine within a month now... surely??!! :P

I've got some holiday to change, might change it to when i get my car, I'll need a few days to look at it a bit. lmao.

Im back at the dealer 2mos (mate buying a new car). And i get £50 for the recommendation... might slip in a status update on mine ;) ha!!

Ben

Just got back from dealer.

Found out the reason there are delays for Zetec-S and Titanium is that Ford have run out of then 17" alloy wheels (optional upgrade/apart of packs). Ford have estimated a 15 week delay on all the orders effected.

Hence the reason mine and others who ordered from Start of March to now have had delays/no build dates (parts not in to allocate a date)!

So I have approximately another 7-8 weeks to wait before I can forsee getting mine. Bit gutted but at least I now know.

Ben

Ah Ben sorry to hear that hun, very dissapointing news for you, what about Mountune now eh? I recon though as you booked in early they can postpone the upgrade, surely they would.

yeah they can change date, just need to be sure I want it. lol :)

Going to ask if can restrict Noise from the exhaust!!! worth a shot i think

Ah ben man that is not good about the whole alloy situation, I'm thinking about the mountune upgrade, I don't want to have the yellow mirrors or the strip or the alloys but I want the rest of the stuff done can you pick and choose what you want doing?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club