Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Forum Log In Mare.

Nathan_M

Im having a mare just recently trying to log into the forums, on my old galaxy tab 10.1 and laptop i can log in just fine with my twitter account, while with my xperia T phone and brand new Note 8.0 i cannot, the site states i dont have authority or something along those lines, does anybody have an answer to this or having the same problem?

And if it counts for anything both devices that wont sign in are running android jelly bean 4.2.

Try clearing your internet cache on your phones and trying agaim

Try clearing your internet cache on your phones and trying agaim

I have tried this on both devices and no luck, i have disabled it on twitter and re enabled it, still nothing, any other idea's?

try clearing the cache again and remove all internet settings, including cookies etc from the phone then try again. The site is working normally overall so it should be able to workaround.

Right i have just been trying for ages to log into the site on my Vaio AIO pc tonight and have just realized by doing a few laps around the houses that if i try to log in using the twitter link it says as above, however if i log in using the sites own log in screen it works so whether or not its a problem at the twitter end i don't know, thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Quite possible that the twitter connector between us and them is problematic. If anyone else is experiencing these issues, please let us know and we can ask Steve to look into the login.

Right just to confirm the site log in is working on both of the devices now.

Written with the note 8.0

What did you do in the end to clear it up Nathan?

I logged in using the site page rather than using the twitter link, I didn't realise I could sign in using the site page but obviously I can so I reckon it's twitter not actually authorising the site for access, it was just a pain because I had to change my password when I realised that the site log in works for me, I thought it was saying invalid password or username because I am a twitter user but that's not the case so I'm happy now.

good to know, hopefully will come in useful to others if they experience the same issue! :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club