Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Time To Say Good Bye

Mark M.K

The time has come. My Fiesta Titanium has been sold to a VW dealer. The car i've ordered is a VW polo Blue GT 1.4 turbo DSG and i pick it up next week. It's been a good 3 years with my Fiesta, but after test driving the Polo, i fell in love and paid the deposit.

VW claim it's great on MPG, yet has plenty of performance so it's ideal for what i want in a car. I did look at the Fiesta ST but i cannot get around the styling, and to be fair both cars drive very similar but the VW won it over the road and wind noise, and the auto gear box makes it such a easy drive. Something Ford don't offer on faster Fiesta's (which is a shame). It's also got the paddles on the stearing wheel to change gears as and when i want, so gives it a more sporty drive.

I'm not gonna be one of them people who say "oh this car is SO much better blah blah" because each car has it's good points, and i fancy a change to what i've been driving for the last 3 years. The Fiesta is still a great car and i'll never change my view on that.

I do hope to still attend Ford Fair, but not attend as a show car.

Sounds like a good car your getting there Mark , and at least you don't have to wait for it on back order

Nope you cant come to Ford fair now! :lol:

I'm sure you'll love it, as you say each car has it's good points and bad points, but it's down to what you want from a car that counts. Sometimes a change is a good thing :)

Report back to us how it compares, it'll be especially interesting for me as I start a new job with the Volkswagen Press Fleet next week ;)

Have fun, I had an a3 dsg and hated every second of it, the gearbox was awful, it was crap in the snow and the delay and hesitation at roundabouts was terrible, I'd never have another vw dsg again, the paddles were pointless too. Fuel economy on dsg equipped cars is much worse too, my a3 averaged 36/37, the manual golf with exactly the same engine I had before it averaged 44mpg, a trip in 2 similar passats also proved the same.

Havin said that, I'm a grump git and don't let me put you off, I'm sure you will enjoy it, just carry plenty of oil with you for the first 10k as vw's tend to like a drop of it.

My mate had an r32 with the dsg box, nice car, deceptively quick and the steering and handling was good, but i thing that most VWs are over-priced and over-rated, in my opinion, i know someone who works in a VW parts department and would not touch one with a barge pole - each to his own, i suppose. (and all modern cars seem to have faults)

Its very hard to spilt the two cars apart, the fiesta has its problems as we all know but then vw aint perfect either. I've driven the dsg gear box and it was always instant power with no delay at all, so maybe yours had a problem? MPG wise i got 50 MPG on the test drive, and that was around town. I got a good deal on the car, got the dsg free as the car was already built with it. To be honest i wouldn't of picked that gear box if i had a choice but for a auto, its amazing and drives like a manual if in the right setting.

We accept your resignation Mark and your account has now been banned ;)

All DSG have a problem, is called the mechatronic unit, its the gearbox ECU and it fails, it wasn't just mine but others have had it too, i think there is a website dedicated to it where people in the US were taking VAG to court, they have just recalled some of the DSG in OZ

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-uk-why-we-dont-need-dsg-recall

anyway, please don't think i'm pointing fingers because you have sold a Fiesta, all cars have issues, some people like different things too, for me ... i just hated DSG.

Have a look on the APR website and see if they do any decent remaps for the 1.4ACT, they are pretty much the best maps out there, you can also get DSG remapped too if you want, Revo do this.

From my time with VAG cars (i'm a ford boy) remaps bring them alive. My current Cupra went from 240ps to 300bhp with a simple map. I'm looking at coming back to ford now as i've just had enough of VW, they are safe and reasonably reliable cars (i run them as fleet cars) and everyone loves them.

Got my new car! Here's some pictures:

null_zpsa9824cee.jpg

316a5d1d-372f-474b-9cba-5362f5629f47_zps

null_zpsf751de94.jpg

null_zps5d9e5633.jpg

null_zps458cd4e0.jpg

• Like 2

Smart! Loving the seats

How you like driving auto?

How you like driving auto?

It makes me very lazy! After driving a manual for 6 years, its a big change. But credit is due to VW on the auto box, it's simply amazing. Every change is sliky smooth and you would never notice it's changing gear.

Don't let the car door hit you on the way out...

• Like 2

Don't let the car door hit you on the way out...

+1 absolutely - Yes, only Ford owners (the clue is in the name :) ) no VW or Seat owners etc :lol:

• Like 1

I reckon you need eyelashes on the lights ;) :p :)

• Like 1

+1 absolutely - Yes, only Ford owners (the clue is in the name :) ) no VW or Seat owners etc :lol:

Just for that comment I'll post a picture of my seat :)

IMG_0954_zps19575012.jpg

Oh no they're all turning! Its a pandemic! Aghhhhhhhhh lol

• Like 1

Its like that John West no drain tuna advert. The clue is in the name! Haha :lol:

• Like 2

^^looks like they forgot to put rear door handles on that Seat^^

• Like 2

Haha it actually does ^^

Oh no they're all turning! Its a pandemic! Aghhhhhhhhh lol

If were not careful there won't be any Ford owners left in the Ford owners club :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1