Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2005

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I see the rear wiper on our car every time I get out of it and walk into the house and when I get back in it as well  :) I really like the smooth look of the one I linked to.

There's LOTS of things that others have done to their cars on here that I really wouldn't bother with but that doesn't make them pointless  ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6
  • Year: 2004

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

I see the rear wiper on our car every time I get out of it and walk into the house and when I get back in it as well  :) I really like the smooth look of the one I linked to.

There's LOTS of things that others have done to their cars on here that I really wouldn't bother with but that doesn't make them pointless  ;)

Doesnt the mk2 focus have a aero cover over the blade arm? One of them could be brought and would probably fit straight on if the arm is of the same size, and I was saying that 'I' 'think' it's pointless in a ain't broke don't fix it kind of way so let's gather up the toys and return them to the pram (-:

#18 Justin Smith

Justin Smith

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: Justin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 (115) Ghia Estate
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

had these on my mk1 and they lasted 18 months even through the crap weather no issues with streaks not clearing or splits etc they were extremely good http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d04ca4140

I admit I don`t actually like E Bay that much, but......
I bought a set of these wipers for £4.95 which I`ve just fitted to my Focus. To be frank I`ve no idea how they can make any money selling those for £4.95 (including postage ! ) but they do fit. I haven`t tried them in the wet yet, but I hopefully they`ll be OK.
A few useful points on these wipers "AP Automotive" Hybrid blades. They (correctly) sent one 22" and one 17" for my 2006 Focus. When they arrive they have the H1 adapter fitted, the one to fit the standard hook type wiper arm. This must be pulled off, and you have to pull pretty hard, in an upward direction straight off the wiper, don`t worry, underneath all that plastic is a steel frame and pin so you won`t break it. Then fit the H7 adapter, and this requires a hefty push to get it to fully locate onto the mounting pin and end up flat and parallel with the wiper. Once you`ve done that they went straight on

#19 andy_gib

andy_gib

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

My wiper blades are also coming to the end of life. Currently Bosch, but thinking of trying Michelin stealth. Anyone have any experience of using them? Better worse than Bosch?

Mk2 2L Tit/estate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

#20 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,820 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I use Michelin stealth and find them far better than the OEM Ford ones.

You may find that the instructions for fitting the wiper arm adaptors are a bit vague, I did for sure.

The adaptor has a cover that needs to be slid across in order to allow the adaptor to sit correctly on the arm then snapped back into place.

#21 troy45

troy45

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 719 posts
  • Name: Troy
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2010

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

Recently fitted the Michelin Stealth wipers to my Focus and pretty much agree with Clive above, they seem to be working well.

See here for some videos on fitting, Focus has PH-3 arms

http://www.michelinw...tall-tips.shtml

#22 andy_gib

andy_gib

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users