Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Person Won't Reply To His Insurance Company

Teh_singh

After spending so much money on my car some stupid driver pulled out of a side road and dented my doors :(.

He didn't want to go through insurance and told me he wanted to do it privately.

I decided not to listen to him and went through his insurance, I have filed a claim and it was all going fine

until he decided not to reply to any letters or phone calls.

I am now stuck as they won't proceed with fixing my car until he replies which I doubt he will.

I am just wondering what the next step is if the guy never replies?

There has to be some sort of law again't this or else everybody can just not reply to the insurance company.

have you got legals fees,if so let them deal with it.

might be advisable to phone your local plod and let them know about it?

Whether he replies or not his insurance company has a duty to deal on his behalf.

Get your insurers to chase them up asap.

I had the same problem mate when my last car was written off.

The other driver did not tell his insurance about the accident so i couldn't get a hire car or anything. I was fuming!

Myself and my insurance reported the incident to his insurance a number of times, although to no good effect as nothing could be sorted until they spoke to the person involved.

After about a week my insurance contacted me and said they could only proceed with the claim in around 3 more weeks, as they could do it without his consent 4 weeks (or so) after the accident.

I was lucky as he eventually told his insurance in the end and it all got settled

Hope this helps, and you get sorted!

It was all going well, i gave them a estimate and the assessor came out but now they are saying they can't do anything.

The guy looked dodgey gave me a fake name and false insurance details but with his plate I found his correct company.

I will go to the police station tomorrow to see if they can help

Thanks guy!

See if you can get the contact number for your local Road Collisions Unit.

They will be dealing with this type of thing daily so should be more suited to advising you than the general enquiries office.

Unfortunately the insurers have a route to follow, sometimes this can result in delays when the other person is not responding, but as has already been said, they have a duty to resolve regardless of his comments. Its always worth asking for ID at the roadside, and if all else fails, call the police to the scene if you smell a rat.

Update: Guy finally admitted he hit me after loads of phone calls from the insurance + me ;)

Car is in for repair tomorrow!!!

• Like 1

Result!

You can only hide for so long! I look at it like this... if you bury your head in the sand, you leave your backside out to be kicked :D

I can sympathise with you I had one years ago, after the collision the driver wouldn't give me any details, so had to involve the local constabulary, the traffic cop wasn't impressed, but hey ho that's his job, finally got his name and address and sent him a recorded delivery letter with all my details on it, and asked for his in return.

Guess what, no return mail, (Now there's a shock), 3-4 weeks later got a phone call from some solicitors office asking for the details, insurance etc, informed them he already had them but gave them to the solicitors office again, and asked for his insurance details, which they said they couldn't give to me without his permission.

I read the solicitor, or office junior, whichever it was, (It could have been the kid that brews the tea for I know), the relevant road traffic act, and told them, not asked, but told them that they had until the end of business the same day to get his permission and give me his insurance details, or I would involve the police and have him prosecuted for failing to provide his insurance details.

Guess what, yes I had the details 30 minutes later.

Result