Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus zetec issue

weejoe

HI have recently picked up a Focus 1.8 Zetec, Im wondering if any1 can help! When i start the car when it fires up the rev counter goes straight to 7000rpm but the engine doesnt rev to it! And then after a few seconds will drop down to normal. The car drives normal etc. This has only happened twice in 2 weeks! Any ideas what it could be?

Have had this happening to mine also, usually on cold mornings. But I wouldnt see it as much of a problem as all my Dials shoot straight up for a second, then just level off... is it just the revs?

yup just the rev's.

Tricky one <_<

I know the focus has a history of dial problems, I have yet to have any (touch wood) but maybe this could be the start of it? maybe someone with more knowledge could confirm ;)

Im not sure. All i know is its intermittent. it happened again today! When it happens its actually both the rev count and speedo that go round. I checked the speedo trick which showed no DTC errors. No sure if it could be the battery although when it happens the car doesnt start first time.

isnt this 'dial sweep' indicating a problem with a low battery?

No, all the dials sweep with this not just the speedo. Id say its a fault on the instrument cluster.

I did the cluster test by holding the reset button and starting the car. It read none for DTC codes. But spose it could be the start of a cluster issue. But I hope not.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club