Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance?

danzetecs1600

I am enjoying all the mod ideas in this section and hope to make loads to my car. I was just wondering what other people do about informing their insurance company of the mods made,if at all lol!!, and what mods should be declared. I have read on other forums that any alteration no matter how small must be declared so that the insurance company cannot use it to wangle their way out of paying for a claim. Does this mean that even small mods such as wind deflectors or painting brake calipers should be declared because you are making the car more desirable for thieves?

Short answer is yes.

Concerning wind deflectors i'd say no but basically anything that affects value/performance/appearance should be declared.

• Like 1

Agreed, if it wasnt there when it left the factory, tell the insurer.

Some things they just make a note of, and it does not affect your premium, others are chargeable.

declare EVERYTHING. It may cost an extra few bob, but its a case of a £20.00 price hike, or a £1000k bill when your insurer decides not to pay out for the lovely Merc SLK that you just wrote off...

As above you should really declare everything. But when you start telling them you use different screen wash they may hang up :lol:

One thing that I wonder though.

With the UV shades instead of tinting. Are those declarable items, if so doesnt that mean anyone who goes to Halfords, and buys suction cup shades for the windows or any other sort for their darling bratts will also have to declare them. :whistling:

Not declarable as they are easily removed in seconds.

Yeah I have the privacy shades, they made a note but said they didnt need to know...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club