AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

danzetecs1600

Home Made Foot Rest.

4 posts in this topic

After not long having purchased my fezzi, the itch for modding has bitten. Unfortunately because of a lack of funds this can be difficult and a slow process. So here is my attempt at copying the footrest that is available to buy that matches the sporty pedals that came with the car.

I am a qualified mechanical/electrical engineer so have made plenty of this kind of thing before, but this is an easy piece to copy if you have the tools and materials at hand. The worst part of the job is taking the time to space out and measure all the drill holes so that they look nice and straight.

post-44509-0-76968600-1372097714_thumb.j

post-44509-0-45792100-1372097740_thumb.j

post-44509-0-14097200-1372097759_thumb.j

FOCA likes this

Nice one - is it machined from a solid piece of aluminium?

danzetecs1600 likes this

Yeah.(well with hand tools, no milling machine at work unfortunately) Had a scrap piece of aluminium (3mm thick plate) used a scriber to mark out all of the lines, then cut carefully with a hacksaw and filed the edges. Marked out the holes, centre punched them, pilot drilled with 3mm drill then 10mm drill and used a countersunk drill to give the holes a nicer finish. Then used scotch bright to give it a brushed satin finish to match the other pedals. Will stick it down with some velcro stickers.

Looks good mate, thinking of getting one of these for mine

danzetecs1600 likes this