Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Eribiste

Memory Stick Playback

5 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

I've just rushed out and bought a 2012 Focus, c/w Sony DAB radio, and I'm really enjoying having all my music collection at hand. Just one thing, I can navigate to albums, artists, songs etc, but on selecting albums the track play order is alphabetical, rather than by the artist's intended order. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get the playback of tracks in the original album order?

Cheers Folks

Put a track number at the beginning of the track name.

Works on MP3 CD's anyway.

Thanks for the reply stoney, I gave that a go because, as you say, it works on mp3 CD's. Unfortunately it hasn't helped with the flash drive, but I think I've found a fix. One of the collections of music that I've got on the drive happens to show up as a playlist. it's the only album that does show as a playlist, and crucially, it plays in the order of the tracks in the playlist regardless of any alphabet or number order. All I have to do now is put all the other music where the order matters, such as concept albums, onto the flash drive as a playlist, and I think that'll do. I'll try it and report back.

Use something like Winamp and make a m3u playlist file and see how you go.

Pretty sure it will allow you to arrange playlists exactly as you want

Update: I've re-loaded the memory stick by making playlists in Windows Media Player and then syncing them to the memory stick. They don't show up as playlists in the car radio menu, but when I call the albums they do now play in track order, so that seems sorted (literally) now.