Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sambora2002uk

Dvd Headrest

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2005 Ford Focus Cmax and am thinking of purchasing DVD headrest players from eBay to keep the kids quiet. The fitting involves running cables through the seats. Has anyone done this as I was wondering if the seat backs pop off or do I need to feed cables down the seats with a wire puller.

Any advice would be gratefully received.....

Unless you run a high spec CMAX you need to do a lot of work, the alternative is to fit a twin pair of aftermarkets, which would strap to the headrest?

I've seen a set on eBay which are headrests with the screens built in. The hardest part looks like feeding the wires through the seats as I've prodded a professional cable puller down the seat and get stuck halfway down (I'm assuming its the airbag). I need to somehow remove the leather seat cover but have no idea how to without cutting the seat open which is something I'm not going to do.

I don't think you f can without splitting the seat. Could you route the cable down the b pillar instead?

Hey,

I have the in car twin DVD players that attach to the headrests ( keeps kids very quiet on trips). I run my cables behind the seat covers. This keeps them away from the kids so they don't grab leads but also hides them and keeps the setup neat. If you use seat covers you could try routing the cables behind these instead of tearing open the seats to do it. Hope this helps.