Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Excessive Front Tyre Wear

supersport99

I have an 11 plate Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci with 16" Ford 7 spoke alloys factory fitted.

Both front tyres have excessive tyre wear on the very inside edge. Car has done 36k from new, now on 3rd set of tyres so two previous sets had same wear.

Anyone had the same problem (had tracking checked and its spot on) seams like the camber is sll wrong, have owned over 17 cars snd never had anything near this bad before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Local Ford dealer just said wear is within tollerances!

post-44717-0-03469400-1372108680_thumb.j

I have just taken some off the fronts to be changed and I have noticed tramlines appearing and mines a 2011 zetec s tdci

• Like 1

I have an 11 plate Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci with 16" Ford 7 spoke alloys factory fitted.

Both front tyres have excessive tyre wear on the very inside edge. Car has done 36k from new, now on 3rd set of tyres so two previous sets had same wear.

Anyone had the same problem (had tracking checked and its spot on) seams like the camber is sll wrong, have owned over 17 cars snd never had anything near this bad before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Local Ford dealer just said wear is within tollerances!

It is due to exessive camber or toe out, i had a similar problem with a Mk1 Mondeo, i had the tracking done, then rechecked, "tracking guy" insisted it was spot on because it was "within (manufacturers recommended) tolerence" - i sold the car soon after that - years later i discovered the "manufacturers recommended tolerence (setting)" was wrong and it had to be right on the edge of the recommended setting

The Mondeo mk3 titanium x is bad for this too (similar to the ST-TDCI)

What you need to do is get someone who knows what they are doing to set it up who will look at the tyres, figure out how to fix it and not dumbly follow the "recommended setting" like a monkey, preferably with laser set-up gear

Obviously the tyre (wear) does not lie and there is something causing the wear

A wider tyre needs to be set-up more accurately - just to add, suspension damage from a knock or worn bushes can also knock the settings out causing wear

• Like 1

Thanks, you have confirmed as I suspected that the car has somehow been wrongly set up in the factory. Getting new 1 litre zetec ecoboost in a few weeks with 16" alloys so hope that will be the end of the problem.