Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Quick Question For Any Police Officer

Turvey

Just been watching an episode of 'Cops with cameras' and they put in an 'alleged' drug dealers door.

Question is, IF the person is innocent of any crime, who pays for the damage? And if they are found to be guilty I take it they have to fix it/pay for it themselves?

Local authority would pick up the bill I believe if the suspect is found to be innocent

When searches of premises are undertaken by warrant (example - section 23(3) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971) and evidence is found then an owner/resident/Landlord is not entitled to compensation.

Police will arrange for a property to be secured immediately but again at no public cost.

The Landlord would be required to claim compensation from the current tenant.

If the search is erroneous/non-productive then the owner/resident/landlord is entitled to claim for damages/compensation via Police liability insurance although any claim must be in writing and may take 6 months or more.

The property will be secured at no cost to owner/tenant/landlord (glazer/locksmith etc).

Cheers Clive. Thought that would be the case. Kids always asking me that question, now I've got the right answer I can impress them with my knowledge ;) :D :D

so you better hide your contriband in a better place :rolleyes: :D

so you better hide your contriband in a better place :rolleyes: :D

Or be a good law abiding citizen.