Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop/start Engine

Morganman

I have just bought a Fiesta 1.0 Titanium 100PS. The stop/start engine seems to be random. It has been back to the dealer who states that the coditions have to be exact before it kicks in.Last Friday I went to the supermarket and en route it woorked oh. On route home it did not work once. The outside temperature was 16c. On a recent motorway journey it worked at the services and not again for the rest of the journey home. I have friends with Audis and Peugots who have same stop/start and it workd all of the time. Is Fords a second rate system or is my dealer spinning me a yarn

if you read the manual its written how it works. depends on alot of factors. mine doesnt work all the time either but after reading the booklet i understood why.

Is it standard on new models the start/stop technology?

no idea. it is on ZS's lol

Just let the car do its thing. Your dealer is correct, it does depend on a whole host of conditions whether or not the stop start runs, certainly more than just the outside temperature. Normally I have found (assuming aircon is off) that by increasing the temperature inside the car sees the stop/start cut in, i.e. the engine switches off. Most likely it is sensitive to the speed that the fans need to run to reach the temperature you require inside.

I've had it cut in within just a couple of hundred yards of starting off and then not running after a good long run - i'd only be concerned if it never ran.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club