Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine idle?

Dave_The_Rave

Hi i have an automatic 1998 (R REG) 1.25i 16v fiesta in moondust silver. :blink:

SOMETIMES (i must stress sometimes, as it is very intermittent) my Engine idles erratically when idling or when i change the gear from drive to reverse and on occassions the engine does turn off) - was told on many forums this could be an idle control valve problem or something to do with the air filter? but ONE person said it could be the CVT auto gearbox as this is a problem on older fiesta's. :huh:

i have an MOT and service booked in just over two months time (11TH June) shall i wait till then to mention/sort it out, or is it serious and to get it sorted now? :blink:

Many thanks. :P

Does sound very much like the idle valve control, have you tried cleaning it?

Does sound very much like the idle valve control, have you tried cleaning it?

No i haven't had the chance too yet, is it a complicated job too do or pretty straightforward? I took Herbert out for a spin earlier and it was fine, it seems to happen on average every 4/5 trips out when it idles erratically. :huh:

many thanks for reply.

start by cleaning the iscv its cheaper than a gearbox?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club