Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Ford Focus Is Leaking Water??

Jlgj2011

I have a ford focus 02 plate and noticed a water mark on the road on a Monday morning I looked in the header tank and its gone down a small amount so topped up to max line it's been fine for a week now it's leaking again on a small amount onto the road over night. I can not see anything in the engine but on the road the mark is if am looking at the engine middlish and to the right what could it be and how much to repair??

I had a similar problem with my fiesta and couldnt find any obvious leak then one day when I'd parked up I heard a hissing noise from the engine bay and noticed that there was a split in the side of the expansion tank

I sealed it temporarily with high temperature silicone and then just got the tank replaced. Maybe not the same problem for you but worth checking maybe?

It was only leaking when the car had warmed up and the pressure had built up in the expansion tank

Mine seems to leak when it is really cold eg over the weekend when am not driving it a lot

Could it be I am filling my water over the max line in the header tank?

I doubt it. Id give the radiator/coolant circuit on your car a good look over, if you can get it up on a ramp so you can get a good look underneath the car aswell and try and idenify where the leak is first of all

water pump it will be seeping from the small hole in the pump thats there to tell you its time to change it

• Like 1

What's average price to have a pump changed at a garage?

to check look under the engine on the drivers side near the front and look for pinkish stains from the weep hole its always best to be totally sure of where its coming from another cilprit is the thermostat housing on the right of the engine look round and under it for cracks pink stains etc

having read the first post properly you say miidle on the right so that indicates the thermostat housing its plastic and very common on the mk1 focus it will require a new housing and thermostat coolant drain and refill

I do not get paid till mid July will it last me??? It's not yet overheated and its only losing a very small amount over a week

it depends when they split they split and coolant will pour out the engine the fact its leaking means theres already pressure loss in the system as it is lowering the boiling point of the coolant it will be hit or miss it will either last but get a bit worse or the plastic will fall to bits if youre going to drive it keep an eye on the water levels constantly if it starts leaking water a lot then be cautious to say the least

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club