Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

m1ckyb33

Front And Rear Ford Badges

9 posts in this topic

I have a fiesta mk 6 and was wondering how to get the front and rear badges off because they are both corroded and want some new ones could anyone tell me how to get them off

Just buy some DMB overlays

If you're really desperate to remove them or the corrosion is on the silver trim where overlays won't cover then use dental floss or fishing line to split the adhesive foam pad behind the badges.

You may well find there are a couple of locating pins on the back of the badges but they just pull out with the badges.

Clean any old adhesive off with petrol or sticky remover from diy shops.

Is the front one stuck on with that stuff too and will a heat gun help to you think ?

Heat gun will most likely damage paibtwork. There is locationg pins and adhesive theyll come off easily enough without the heat gun using the method discribed. Once they're off clean of any left over adhesive before you fit the new badges. I did mine for the exact same reason

cool will give it a go thanks for the help :)

Not to sure about the rear. But the front one for mine pops out. Just take the grill off and on the back where the badge is there is about 6 metal clips, using a flat head bend each one out and the you should be able to pull the badge off. I did this to spray my grill and put it back on with no problems, if you need pics I can post some tomorrow?

front one is not stuck on its only held in place behind the grill like a picture frame. just pop the grill out. Very easy