Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Nifty Is This?

johnH

Hey guys I was just cruising eBay for some sill plates for my car and I come across this:

Silver button: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-FOCUS-Custom-USB-Dash-Connection-Point-Custom-MP3-3-5mm-Jack-SILVER-/321139472152?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac5677718

black button: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-FOCUS-Custom-USB-Dash-Connection-Point-Custom-MP3-3-5mm-Jack-BLACK-/321139472716?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac567794c

Would be really good for those with USB sockets on rear of aftermarket radios and for having aux in same place...maybe good to also wire in to use as a USB charger!

• Like 1

Neat

That is quite handy!

Saw these on eBay last week, and was showing these to my dad, as an option for his 2008 Zetec. Does anyone know if the standard 6000CD player for that year has a USB port on the rear, as that is how these are wired in, they just connect to that port on the head unit.

His car currently only has an aux in, in the armrest.

Afaik that radio won't have a USB.

Those button blanks are tailored more towards aftermarket units

Great find :)

Ordered!

I seen it and thought "hello there, i know a forum who maybe interested" lol im still looking for a decent set of sill plates....not too sure if i want the lockwood ones where it has a pic of a car or do i want the ones that say Focus...and what colour do i want the writing....aaaaahhhhh im a man....i hate decisions lol

or these??

DSC_0522-1.jpg

DSC_0524-1.jpg

and the standard stereo wont have a usb port in the back :( i was looking at these last year lol

My aftermarket Pioneer have 2 of them:

PioneerDEH-80PRSRear.jpg

Saw that the Dash USB Connection is included with a mini-usb connector - ordered a USB to mini-usb adapter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-A-Male-to-Mini-USB-B-5-Pin-Female-Adapter-/190685464149?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2c65bd4655

I have the panel in my Focus and it's a great match for shade and texture. I just use it for the 3.5mm jack plug to save connecting to the one in the glovebox.

I did try the Ford approved USB >musicbox< but it wouldn't work properly with my Denso sat-nav so the O/H has it in her Fiesta ST now and that works fine with the Sony stereo.

Thats neat shame it wont work with 6000 tho :(

I wonder if it is viable to splice the end and hook it into the switched 12v for radio and use as USB charger? Instead of having ciggy light socket in use...will only require 5v and around 0.5amp or something...time for research i think lol

So in other words you can charge and listen to music of your phone without power flying away like on some "smart" phones

• 2 weeks later...

Received the "Nifty" item today :)

Quality looks okay, nice red led when power button is activated.

IMG_8938web_zps6aba2d0e.jpg

IMG_8939web_zps1fcfeb78.jpg

Added to my shopping list. thank you

I hope you will find them to your liking :)

It was very easy to install - works great:

IMG_8942web_zpsdec50423.jpg

IMG_8946web_zps600637fd.jpg

I normally don't have everything on - just for the photo :lol:

Edit: Doeas anybody know what usually is fitted where I put the USB connection? Behind the plate there was a connector with wiring.

It was very easy to install - works great:

I normally don't have everything on - just for the photo :lol:

Edit: Doeas anybody know what usually is fitted where I put the USB connection? Behind the plate there was a connector with wiring.

It would be the passenger Airbag Light , just illuminates if you have and turn off the airbag , switch would be in the glove box.

It would be the passenger Airbag Light , just illuminates if you have and turn off the airbag , switch would be in the glove box.

Ok, thanks :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club