Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

rich57

Mk2 Window Rattle

5 posts in this topic

I am new here so hi to everybody here on the forum.

I have had a 2008 1.8 Zetec Mk2 for about 8 months now, it is a low a mileage good condition car and I am generally very happy with it, however . . . recently it seems to have developed a rattle which seems to be coming from the driver’s door window. It’s not loud but as its only about six inches from my ear, very irritating. I have read that Focus’s are prone to window rattle, has anybody else encountered this and found a fix?

Thanks.

On mine I thought it was coming from the seatbelt height adjuster

if you lower the window does the rattle stay or go?

if you lower the window does the rattle stay or go?

No, it makes no difference, also I'm now not even sure its coming from the drivers door, the more I listen the more it seems to be coming from the offside rear passenger door or offside rear passenger door window . . . its really difficult to tell, I've even sat in the back to listen with my girlfriend driving and I still can't tell :angry:

I had same prob with passenger window, got garage to look, they took window out and reseated it, been a dream since