Do Not Sell My Personal Information

62Plate 1.6 Tdci Zetec S Tuning

ryanmorton

I have a few questions regarding making my Zetec s that bit faster. I was thinking of getting it remapped or chipped but was wondering you can do before hand too get as much as possible out of the remap if people advise me and agree its a good idea of corse. Was also wondering what is around about the most power you can squeeze out of the 1.6 tdci before you have to start spending big? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Very few companies can at the moment because of a) the ECU is encrypted and difficult to crack and b) the DPF is restrictive and/or causes problems with regenerations.

2 companies I do know of though are RS Tuning in Leeds and AMD in Essex, both highly recommend on other Ford forums.

You should see 115/120BHP out of a remap.

Air filter(k&n) and a better flowing exhaust will help get you nearer 125-130 after a remap.The dpf filter car be removed but you have to leave the box there as its now an mot failure if you cut it out(i think). Also fitting the injectors from the focus 1.6tdci is supposed to give another 15bhp but is very problematic from what I hear. Realistically 125-130 is about as far as you can go without spending a fortune.

I'm interested in this too.

I contacted a few local companies to me (north east) and all said that they could do it surprisingly

The best response I got was from Sedox performance in Sunderland, said that it wouldn't affect the dpf at all and even provided a dyno chart a video of that car. they said they could take it up to 115bhp iirc.

Does anyone know for sure if removing the dpf would be an mot failure? or does no one really know?

You could rip out the DPF, there's a good performance increase.

As of present, an MOT only checks things visually, and because DPF's are pants there should be little/no difference in emissions. If you get rid of the internals of it and leave the outer casing, then all will be happy on that visual inspection if you get someone who wants to do that.

Then remap, that should now see you on 125 - 135bhp if you've done the removal.

Next, injectors from the Focus should slot straight in, with a remap you're looking towards 140 perhaps? But a much nicer drive.

Hybrid turbo goes in here, boom up to 150 - 160bhp I'd imagine.

After that I'd stop, your factory air box may then start being restrictive for the extra power, and your engine bits and bobs may not like the strain much higher, i.e. that clutch thingy that helps make the car drive nicely.

Supporting mods here would be a K&N filter, and with the new turbo a decent plan of action may be either a front mount intercooler that's nice and large aftermarket style, or go for the one off the Focus, either way it's pretty important. I'm not sure how the 1.6 Ecoboost one stacks up, as I've not looked :P

The Yobbo exhaust is also possible addition, but to make it less yobboish, get it silenced and such :P

Obviously the catalytic converter can go, but you'll need it mapped so it doesn't throw fault codes, and make sure if you do decat then make sure just to hollow it out so that visual inspection can fly on by. Or get a sport cat.

It's not going to be cheap though, but then modifying cars never is or we'd all have stupidly powerful cars.

You could rip out the DPF, there's a good performance increase.

As of present, an MOT only checks things visually, and because DPF's are pants there should be little/no difference in emissions. If you get rid of the internals of it and leave the outer casing, then all will be happy on that visual inspection if you get someone who wants to do that.

Then remap, that should now see you on 125 - 135bhp if you've done the removal.

Next, injectors from the Focus should slot straight in, with a remap you're looking towards 140 perhaps? But a much nicer drive.

Hybrid turbo goes in here, boom up to 150 - 160bhp I'd imagine.

After that I'd stop, your factory air box may then start being restrictive for the extra power, and your engine bits and bobs may not like the strain much higher, i.e. that clutch thingy that helps make the car drive nicely.

Supporting mods here would be a K&N filter, and with the new turbo a decent plan of action may be either a front mount intercooler that's nice and large aftermarket style, or go for the one off the Focus, either way it's pretty important. I'm not sure how the 1.6 Ecoboost one stacks up, as I've not looked :P

The Yobbo exhaust is also possible addition, but to make it less yobboish, get it silenced and such :P

Obviously the catalytic converter can go, but you'll need it mapped so it doesn't throw fault codes, and make sure if you do decat then make sure just to hollow it out so that visual inspection can fly on by. Or get a sport cat.

It's not going to be cheap though, but then modifying cars never is or we'd all have stupidly powerful cars.

I thought if you fitted focus injectors they had to be coded to the car or they don't work it was just something I remember reading

I thought if you fitted focus injectors they had to be coded to the car or they don't work it was just something I remember reading

I think they probably do, as I believe most Ford ones do, but it can be done I'd imagine, I know people with the Mk6's who've managed.

There's a BMW injector too that works, I can't for the life of me remember which but I do recall it is a better upgrade than the Focus, just more pricey.

All helpful replys so thanks a lot ... definatly somethings to think about, haven't for the life of me got a clue what I will do in the end but I defo want to increase the power, when I got first got it 2 weeks ago it seemed faster than I expected as I only had a 08 1.4 tdci before hand, will maybe stick some pics up of it sometime soon but I am also thinking about some new wheels and as its black I was thinking about getting the 2 white stripes up put on thru the middle

A remap and air filter are what most do and are happy with the results. Before doing anything I would check with your insurance to see how much they will hike your premium up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club