Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Fiesta Lx Clutch Problem

nick9195

Hi, had my 53 Fiesta LX for a year with no previous problems, but for the past couple of days the clutch hasn't felt right. I'm not very clued up when it comes to cars so please bare with me. It feels as the actual clutch cable is reaching its maximum point before the pedal reaches the top and as though something kind of hits my foot on my the accelerator when I lift the clutch. Thought it might be that the clutch cable had stretched? Was just hoping someone in the know could help me out please, what is it most likely to be and is it going to break the bank getting it repaired? Many thanks, Nick.

Sorry, should've mentioned that the car is currently running fine and I am able to drive it fine, gears engage fine and there is no noisiness or vibrations when changing gear.

Can't be the cable because it hasn't got one, all mk6s are hydraulic, have you got a more simple way to describe the problem is I cannot grasp what you are saying at all. Haha, look at my doodle to see if it's what you are saying or not?

post-40601-0-69525600-1372273468_thumb.j

After trying to make sense of it are you saying that the final inch or 1/2 inch of the clutch pedal seems redundant? If so mine has always felt the same since I have had it and it's done only 25k so I doubt it's clutch plate issue.

Yeah sorry like I said, not very mechanically oriented! :P Yeah it is as though the last bit becomes redundant and it sort of grabs at the gear quickly, I feel like a bit of a push back on the accelerator pedal. Is it anything to worry about because I've got a journey from Manchester to Cornwall soon and don't fancy a breakdown on the A30 again! :rolleyes:

Here is a brief description of how the clutch works if your interested.

Yeh mine is kind of like that, I asked a couple at work who have the mk6 one being an ST and there's have a high take off point, I have found that the bite comes in low enough to be normal but barely reacts until near the end of the pedal travel, that redundant piece of the pedal is down to the Spring I the actuator in in the cabin so I wouldn't worry as long as the clutch isn't slipping all over the show, where are you going down here?

Yeah mine feels exactly the same, cheers mate! So not worth getting it looked at then? Coming to Truro, my dad lives down there so visiting for a week.

I'm not panicking with mine because I don't know any different, if you have a friendly mechanic take it round and ask him to stand on it, my mechanic never said anything to me after having the cam belt changed, maybe the spring looses tension or detaches from one end of the cylinder, enjoy the ride when you reach Cornwall, and leave the rain at home we don't need any.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club