Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1 Upgrades?

Josh.bapty

Hi everyone,

Just purchasing a focus mk1,

I'm 19, now I know what your thinking, going to be made to look awful and driven terribly, this isn't the case, I want to modify the car but not boy racer style, more of a luxury upgrade.

I has the cloth seats but ideally would like to upgrade it to the leather interior?

Would like to put a new dash in it maybe a carbon fibre style? Or just a newer one so it looks new?

Basically my goal is to have a rs equivalent (sort of not replica) but just taking some of the luxury bits you get with the rs,

Where is the best place to look for these kind of upgrades?

Cheers guys!

Josh

Scrap yards eBay and here the dash you can do youreself with carbon wrap very easy to do you get rs seats and leather seats on eBay quite often usually with door cards again easy to do even doing a modified air intakes easy enough with an rs snorkel or a 2.0 air scoop and a k and n panel filter clear front indicator lenses etc however all if this will effect youre insurance as you make the car more stealable really so ide check with youre insurance what it will cost first

It's not so much exterior that I want to do more interior for my benefit and comfort to be honest, what other interior parts can I change from the standard to improve it ?

The only thing I was thinking of in terms of exterior was a tint on the back windows, and maybe something to make the paintwork look better, more like new if you get me?

The lights themself I'm happy with, maybe replace the alloys but there already on there as standard so shouldn't affect insurance as there already there?

soundproofing the boot and under the pass and driver footwell will help make it quiter and a leather interior will be cheaper than a rs interior which will effect the insurance you can change door cards gear knobs quite a lot actually

Do you recommend any companies for sound proofing it ? And what do you mean by door cards ? The handles ?

Ad yeah already planned to do the gear knob and possibly the peddles,

Also thought about the steering wheel? The one on it is 10 years old so thought about that to,

The set of seats the first link is just what I'm after! Will keep an eye on eBay for the 5 door version, and those door handles are definitely on my shopping list! Thanks !

Scrap yards will be come your best friend i found a ghia and got the variable wiper stalk, door handles, front footwell lights and heated seat wiring loom for 15 quid.

Get yourself some "projector" lense angel eyes for the proper ford oem xenon headlight look, usa spec rear lights with the clear indicator lenses too also try find a dimming interior switch if u can find one.

Ghia map lights are good too and cheap

Interior trip computers are a majour faf but if you have the time theres a guide and a few threads on here with how to do's

The leather seats are ace just need to check the hair bags havent gone off in them though and check what model there out of ghia seats have pretty much noside support so if you want to drive your focus properly check there out of a zetec or edge etc

Rs's are pretty basic in truth they have next to no luxury just air con and ace seats

How do I know if the air bags have gone? Is it a obvious thing or do you have to look a bit harder?

Will be heading to a scrap yard then!

The model I've got has air conditioning just need the leather seats now!

Where is the best place to get the angel eye light kit for them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-2001-2004-PAIR-FRONT-HEAD-LAMP-LIGHT-ANGEL-EYES-STYLE-CHROME-/130938022057?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e7c83a8a9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK1-FACELFIFT-01-04-CHROME-ANGEL-EYE-HALO-RING-HEAD-LIGHTS-RHD-LHD-/290928659242?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item43bcb30b2a

I had the top ones with some 6000k hid's (not mot passable so think before fitting if you do) they look pretty factory standard on the car

As far as checking the air bags on the seats just look down the seams on the sides check for repairs or breaks also check the bolsters for excessive wear usually caused by high miles or fat people!

Yeah I'll get whatever the limit is to pass the mot,

And cheers ! Know what to look out for now!

If I change the stereo to a new one will I still have the use of the steering wheel controls?

On my other car renault Clio which is getting sold the volume controls didn't work with the new stereo?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=audio+stalk+adaptor&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xford+stalk+adaptor&_nkw=ford+stalk+adaptor&_sacat=0

Flick through those can get them for all brands just plugs into the adapters you need to get the radio in anyway and the prong will work

Most looms for installing aftermarket radios should come with a controller interface.

Have a look around eBay and ask questions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club