#1 Lander2210

Lander2210

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Alec
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi, I'm new to this and I have a problem with my standard speakers sounding unbelievably rubbish!! All I wanted to know was, can I change the standard speakers to upgraded ones and put a cone or padding behind it, so it doesn't sound like there going to break. I mostly want to change them because I love my music and I don't want to change my head unit so just want uprated speakers for now.

Any advice on where I could get some speakers from not 6'' x 9''s as they won't fit without editing the car door (this is something I really don't want to do.)

Many thanks,

Alec

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hello and welcome to the club!

Yes, it is possible to upgrade your speakers, several forum members have done this already and i remember a thread about this (if i find it i will put a link up for you- it may have been for a Focus though) - its also possible someone has posted a thread on how to change the speakers in modification projects..... (again i will have a look)  

There is  special acoustic matting that you can get to line the inside of the doors, i have been told it makes a big difference to the sound in the car (improving it) but it adds weight (the reason i never used it myself) - it lines the inside of the door and stops the "resonance" "drumming"/ "tinnyness", you choose the correct thickness so it does not interfere withe the window lifters/ innards of the door etc

It can increase the bass output of the speakers too (by reducing unwanted out-of-phase radiation)

http://www.ebay.co.u...5#ht_1191wt_932

These are for studios and may fill up with water in some areas and are for mid/ treble but may still be useful 

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2076wt_1069

#3 Hassen

Hassen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 721 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Check out Dynamat for sound proofing. I have heard great things about it and plan to use it on my car.

This is an example of what another member did to his car:

http://www.fordowner...tion-focus-mk2/

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Speakers, Standard, Loud, Bass, Change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users