Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nightmare Of A Day - Speedo Failed

enzo

Speedo gave up the ghost this morning and needle sits at zero. The mileage is showing -----------

2002 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec. I have done a bit of research and points towards VSS but has anybody had any dealings with this. Why would the mileage disappear? Is it all linked? If the sensor failed I would have expected needle not to move but the mileage still on. I'm confused. :wacko:

Many thanks in advance.

If the mileage is still increasing I'd say it's not the VSS, more likely a cluster fault.

Many thanks for the advice.

Got a new VSS and got a mechanic friend to fit it. Still wouldn't work after a road test and threw up the Speed Sensor "A" fault on the reader. Booked it in for a full diagnostic with an auto electrician for Monday. However on way home it sprung into life and the mileage came back on and speedo now working.

So if it doesn't work for anyone trying give it a decent road test and fingers crossed.... ;)

Ford dealer wanted £51 for the VSS, I got one from local independent at £46. However GSF on eBay selling for £16.00..... part prices are a lottery at the moment. Oh well at least its working.

Had a similar issue with my 03 Focus. It turned out to be a VSS. The car was at 127k miles so I wasn't too fussed on the milage not going up, but obviously can damage the engine as it can't regulate the fuel properly (it was very jolty in 4th and 5th at any speed).

Edit - When mine was doing it, it would randomly spring in to life, then die again. Could go months with not seeing it, then it would happen on a daily basis, couldn't narrow it down, but seemed to happen a lot more when the weather was hot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club