Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 6000 Radio Fitting Query

ffz

I upgraded to a Sony H/U in my 2008 Focus, so I sold my factory 6000 CD on eBay, the item is below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271209085940?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Almost a month later, the guy has said he has finally got around to fitting it, and the cd player doesn't work. I know it was sent working. This message has come through almost a month after I posted the item out, so I am loathed to believe it was faulty on arrival.

After a couple of messages, he says he was waiting for some radio keys to remove his old radio, and that's why it wasn't fitted sooner.

Now my question is, if this guy needed radio removal tools to remove his original radio, would this radio fit?

I think he has bought the wrong unit, and has changed his mind. I have 100% positive feedback, and I know the radio was 100% perfect working condition before sending it out.

It is reasonably easy to change the stereos by using Stoney's easy to use guide http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/56-guide-to-swapping-a-focus-mk2-radio-for-a-mk25-radio/ but whether your buyer knows this or not I'm afraid I can't tell. Not much of a help I know. Sorry.

Reasonable time has passed for the buyer to have checked the radio was fit for purpose so tbh you have no further obligations to them.

thanks. I know the radio was 100% before sending. He says he has been on holiday (has flight tickets to prove, he says) and has just bought removal tools (has halfrauds receipt to prove, he says).

Probably realises he bought the wrong radio, or seen the price of the replacement facias.

Ask eBay to mediate if necessary.

I still reckon you're under no further obligation.

He's already put in a complaint saying item not as described...

Advert looks precise to me.

You clearly stated the MK number, only thing you missed off was a statement that it was the buyers responsibility to check compatibility, still I reckon he's had ample time to reject the radio.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club