Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Noisey/shuddering Ford KA, P Reg

jammac

Over the last few weeks, the steering has been quite noisey, even the slightest turn of the steering wheel in a parked position will make a squeel noise. It seems to go away/be quieter when driving above 20mph, but you can hear it around corners at low speed.

Coupled with the noise is the sometimes jerky feeling of steering you will turn a bit it and it sometimes bites a little, not enough to pull you out of position but enough that you notice.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ford KA is P Reg, around 65k miles.

Cheers.

first things to check would be the fluid level and the tightness of the drive belt at the power steering pump.

Alright, the belt actually makes sense, dont know why i didnt think of it. Fluid is fine.

Where abouts is the belt located? how can I adjust it, and any ideas on the tools? - At uni so dont have a lot of tools and no manual for the car as its my girlfriends

i think the power steering pump is mounted on the top of the engine at the left end as you look under the bonnet, the belt takes a snaking route around various pulleys this is why they are often called serpentine belts, check for any looseness in the belt