Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car

david295

Took the plunge and gone from mk1 focus to this fiesta (see pic).

Any known problems with these, anything i should check regular.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

post-33307-0-15067600-1372509929_thumb.j

post-33307-0-84212800-1372509947_thumb.j

You tend to get problems with water ingress normally through the roof rail seal failing

Thanks for that, this is the 1.2 engine, what is fuel consumption like, will i notice a big difference going from a mk1 2000 2litre focus.

Lol you'll notice a massive difference! Welcome to the world of economical driving ;) lol ill be going the other way soon im going from a 1.3 fiesta to a 2ltr focus ST haha

I look forward to saving money on fuel.

Can't wait until Tuesday when I collect my car, they are treating it with DiamondBright inside and out, and I also got them to throw in a free set of mats and a full tank of fuel. Not happy there is only 1 key tho, so I will be asking them to give me another.

Ha I went from a mk1 1.6 focus to my amazing white mk 7.5 1.0 fiesta. I haven't regretted taking the plunge yet! Although looking at that mk7, perhaps I could have gone nearly-new instead of brand new and saved myself a lot of money :-P

David - Mk 1 Fiesta ? Must be something of a classic now, there doesn't appear to be many left around .

Adam - Yes, my current Fiesta was 9 months old and had only 296 miles on it ! As good as new I would say. Previous one was brand new and cost me a lot as soon as I drove away from the showroom in depreciation ! Both great cars though.

Well my car is going back and they have offered me a 61 plate with 6000 miles on it for same price, this is what i found when i opened passenger door.

Also drive shaft clunking and clicking.

post-33307-0-32526100-1373112892_thumb.j

post-33307-0-16145600-1373112916_thumb.j

post-33307-0-59168200-1373112948_thumb.j

I suspect sometime before i got it the wind caught door bent it right back also drive shaft is knackered and also oil leak also bad pull to right also wing is loose and bad spray job.

They are swapping it for a 61 plate with 6000 miles on it .

David - Mk 1 Fiesta ? Must be something of a classic now, there doesn't appear to be many left around .

Adam - Yes, my current Fiesta was 9 months old and had only 296 miles on it ! As good as new I would say. Previous one was brand new and cost me a lot as soon as I drove away from the showroom in depreciation ! Both great cars though.

Sorry David, I can't read ! I read 'Focus' and my brain said 'Fiesta' ! I am considering a new/newish Focus as my replacement whenever I decide. Anyone any thoughts on the new Focus ? It would need to be an auto. I understand that the auto used on the Focus is of a different type to that used on the Fiesta.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club