Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just ordered, not sure sure whether to laugh or cry.

ZeeJex

Dreading the mum look what i bought today talk. lol [EDIT] Shes happy B)

Branch:

Ford Dagenham Motors

Setup;

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium 5dr.

Sea Grey metallic

bluetooth with voice control

Deleted privacy glass option

Scuff plates

£15 petrol

Price: £11975

Additions

GAP insurance £399 (covering 3years) <--- [Edit] Will search around for a better deal as this is not paid for yet

Estimated delivery time: 8ish weeks

I'll use my new fondness for haggling 2moro, buying a new recurve setup for archery which should fit nicely into my new car boot ;)

You paid about £300 too much for your gap insurance. There are so many places offering Gap insurance now at a tenth of the cost that a dealer offers. Gap and supaguard are where the dealers rub there hands.

Nice car tho hope your enjoy it

You paid about £300 too much for your gap insurance. There are so many places offering Gap insurance now at a tenth of the cost that a dealer offers. Gap and supaguard are where the dealers rub there hands.

Nice car tho hope your enjoy it

Ive only paid the deposit, ive opted to pay the gap insurance when the finances are sorted out just prior to the delivery early June.

Thanks dja55 for the heads up, im definitely changing

Ive only paid the deposit, ive opted to pay the gap insurance when the finances are sorted out just prior to the delivery early June.

Thanks dja55 for the heads up, im definitely changing

Just did a very quick look on web and http://www.car2cover.co.uk offer 3 year gap insurance for £240. Thats the top of the range package mind you. im sure other people like direct line do them cheaper still. Dont know if i would take one over 3 years tho

Just did a very quick look on web and http://www.car2cover.co.uk offer 3 year gap insurance for £240. Thats the top of the range package mind you. im sure other people like direct line do them cheaper still. Dont know if i would take one over 3 years tho

Thanks for the research I'll check it out. Ive also rechecked my notes and the offer is actually £399 for GAP.

Dreading the mum look what i bought today talk. lol [EDIT] Shes happy B)

Branch:

Ford Dagenham Motors

Setup;

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium 5dr.

Sea Grey metallic

Bluetooth with voice control

Scuff plates

£15 petrol

Price: £11975

Additions

GAP insurance £399 (covering 3years) <--- [Edit] Will search around for a better deal as this is not paid for yet

Estimated delivery time: 8ish weeks

I'll use my new fondness for haggling 2moro, buying a new recurve setup for archery which should fit nicely into my new car boot ;)

Congrats on the car mate... Its exciting eh.... I ent even told anyone about mine yet,... apart from u guys ;) lol

Just going to turn up and actually do the "Mum,... look..." *Points at shiny new car on drive* haha.

Oh and by the way, Allen Ford charge £299 for 3 year Gap insurance. Best to check your current insurance though, as like mine I have same cover for the first year anyway.... if makes any decision making difference anyway. :rolleyes:

P.s. Sea grey... the way to go :P

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!

Congrats on the new cars lads, well done. :)

With regard to GAP and Supaguard, the dealer makes shed-loads of profit on those products, by way of a healthy mark-up. I used to work in car sales, and we'd buy-in Supaguard for about £60 and sell it for £200. It's easy money for the dealer. Don't get me wrong, it is a great product, but not really worth the retail price. Of course, that's just business....

I have GAP on my current car, a 2006 Focus, bought via Ford Direct. It's being traded-in for a new Fiesta next year though. GAP was originally offered to me for £399. In the end, I paid £98 for it. I purchased it via Dagenham Motors.

Remember, haggle, haggle, haggle!!

Good luck. :)

Dreading the mum look what i bought today talk. lol

hehehe - I have told mine that we are going to go without a car for 3 months to see if we need one - imagine her surrpise when I turn up in a kitted up 3 door Titanium X, with the body kit, in Squeeze Green and say that we decided we do need a car afterall!

Do you reckon, if I get it de-badged, that I can make out it is the bottom of the range and only cost me £8K or so??

Told ford I wasnt taking GAP with them as was quoted £300 for 3 years and found it for £130 online, ford then said they could do £140 so i did that.

Deleted privacy glass option ---> good man! someone else who doesnt like it!

Deleted privacy glass option ---> good man! someone else who doesnt like it!

Have to say that the privacy glass, in my opinion, only really works on the 3 door version anyway where the back seats are clearly not going to be used on a regular basis.

With regard to GAP and Supaguard, the dealer makes shed-loads of profit on those products, by way of a healthy mark-up. I used to work in car sales, and we'd buy-in Supaguard for about £60 and sell it for £200. It's easy money for the dealer. Don't get me wrong, it is a great product, but not really worth the retail price. Of course, that's just business....

That accounts for why I got Supaguard as a good will gesture on my Astra...... ;)

As for GAP insurance....if you're fully comp and with a good insurance company why bother?

That accounts for why I got Supaguard as a good will gesture on my Astra...... ;)

As for GAP insurance....if you're fully comp and with a good insurance company why bother?

Because on a standard insurance policy new for old cover is in 90% of cases only offered if the car is fewer than 12 months old.

Take my recent crash - I had 4 years GAP but was offered 5 when I bought the car. I got a payout of £3250 on a car that cost me just under £10K. Had my GAP still been in place, I'd have got just under £10K for a 74,000 mile Ka. That in my opinion is worth £200 or so.

This topic is a blast from the past :o

While im here I went back and added the USB option for my itouch. Im still working on creating my driving playlist, but having more of a hard time picking which one goes FIRST.

:angry: I got the Gap insurance of ford for £399. :angry: I just wish this thread had come earlier ! Didnt know you could get this cheaper online :(

My insurance covers me for the 1st year, so ive defered the Gap insurance to run after that, for 3 years

:angry: I got the Gap insurance of ford for £399. :angry: I just wish this thread had come earlier ! Didnt know you could get this cheaper online :(

My insurance covers me for the 1st year, so ive defered the Gap insurance to run after that, for 3 years

If only you joined the forums 12 days earlier you might have caught the topic :( At least you'll have peace of mind knowing you’re covered ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club