Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leather Recaro's - Will They Fit??

Fletch76

Hi all,

Just purchased a Focus TDCI 2.0 S (on a 60 plate) on Monday. It's perfect for what I need, however the interior let's it down somewhat in my opinion, as a result I've just purchased some mint leather Recaro's (off Ebay) which were fitted in a 59 plate ST on the assumption that they fit like for like, but thinking about it now I'm not so sure? If anyone could confirm it would be appreciated.

straight forward swap

if yours is the mk 2 + 2.5

Have you checked how much it will increase youre insurance by

Have you checked how much it will increase youre insurance by

No!!! I hadn't thought about that. I suppose not informing them is an option, but if it gets nicked and found in tact then obviously I'm not going to be covered. Any idea on what it could push my Ins up by? I'm currently paying £390 fully comp.

Thanks

Usual thing is a policy modification admin cost.

Ring up and get info before you go ahead.

You don't need to say you're an existing customer.

Straight swap all you will need is a single seat belt anchor for passenger side the drivers side double anchor will fold to singular under seat the passenger side one could be modded or a single one purchased .watch your trim when removing and installing tape the sharp edges on the runners .

Might not cost much just good to let them know that way they have no excuse not to pay should snything happen

Thank you for the replies. Rang my insurance company and told them I was putting leather seats in (didn't say they were from an ST) it cost me an extra £33....I can live with that :)

Thanks again for all the replies, Recaro's all fitted. Well happy. However, just a quick question please? Does anyone know if a middle lap (seat) belt from a Mk 5 Fiesta would fit (do the bolt holes line up etc?) in my Focus 06 plate, 5 door? As the middle belt was originally incorporated in to the rear of the actual seat that I've taken out, and as a result I no longer have the middle belt.

Please see the eBay link below to see the Fiesta belt.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=300924840047&kw=300924840047

Thanks again for all the replies, Recaro's all fitted. Well happy. However, just a quick question please? Does anyone know if a middle lap (seat) belt from a Mk 5 Fiesta would fit (do the bolt holes line up etc?) in my Focus 06 plate, 5 door? As the middle belt was originally incorporated in to the rear of the actual seat that I've taken out, and as a result I no longer have the middle belt.

Please see the Ebay link below to see the Fiesta belt.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=300924840047&kw=300924840047

i thought you could unbolt old one?

No, its all one unit. The belt, buckle, and base plate (for the buckle) are all connected. The only way you might be able to get the belt out is if you cut open the back of the seat, which obviously I don't want to do. The old belt went from the top of the seat (diagonally across your body and into the buckle. With the new leather seats (out of an ST) it has to be a lap belt as there is no belt coming out the top of the seat if that makes sense?

I've got the Sport model so I'm not sure if the interiors are different on other MK 2.5 Focus's?

oh my st seats belt comes from top, you sure you have the back bench to seat 3 people?

Yes, because theres room between the rear seats (behind the drivers seat) for the double anchor for the buckles as apposed to a single anchor.

It's just the single anchor that I need which is attached to a lap belt as well.

It's just the single anchor that I need which is attached to a lap belt as well.

im sure the fiesta one would fit then, as you still have bolt from old anchor

Yes, still got the bolt. Was wondering if the fiesta belt buckle would clip straight in to the focus belt clasp? Orate they in some way a different shape/design? That's my only concern?

Probably would of thought they were all the same

• 1 month later...

Sorry to go slightly off topic, I have a mk3 focus (61 plate) was wondering if the leather recaros from a mk2/2.5 focus ST would fit my new shape?

No different sizes also worth noting any electrics ie back and forward adjustment must now work

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club