Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Mats

MrKnoe

Hi everyone just a quick question. I have been very annoyed that the dealer I have been at has told me that my new Fiesta I have bought will NOT come with any mats? Should all cars come with standard mats? I have phones up Fords themselves and have argued the fact I would expect to get standard mats with the car as its brand new and the money involved not to give a £30 set of mats in.

This is normal for most cars. You get mats with a Titanium (least i did with mine, not so sure about the new one) but any other you need to pay for them.

I've just brought a VW and that never come with mats, and to be honest i never expected it to either.

hmm well my next door neighbor who has bought Ford cars for years said always push them for them as they are told not to hand them out easily if not phone up the Ford customer service and they will send you them out. I think if you pay 15k for a car I would appreciate a £30 mat set in the car?

Its the same with the st. The standard ST1 doesnt come with mats inly the ST2 and ST3 come with mats if I remember right

90% of cars don't come with them. I've owned 4 cars in 5 years and this Fiesta is the only one to come with a set of mats. But only because it's part of the limited edition pack.

Yes, technically, fitted mats are an extra but most dealers throw them in for free on such a huge purchase as a new car which is what I have always had happen. . It is the least they can do as a thankyou for your order. Your dealer is just being a bit mean.

• Like 1

My ST 2 didn't come standard i just asked them to chuck them in before i signed the deal.

I just asked for mine as well while striking the deal. :)

When I bought my Metal a year old I asked for a set of rubber mats, a tank of petrol and a spare wheel instead of the repair kit. Well I got the spare wheel they only gave me half a tank of petrol and they exchanged the carpet mats in the car for rubber ones. When I asked about the missing carpet mats they said you only get one set of mats with a car. That's Ford for you.

I've not had to ask for fitted mats in either of my Fiestas, the Bristol Street Motors salesman offered them anyway. Guess I've been lucky. I have Poundland rubber mats over them so they are still pristine underneath. I will always make a point of asking when making the deal if not offered.

Some dealers include things above standard spec, my local one said they always fit the spare wheel for example.

Some dealers include things above standard spec, my local one said they always fit the spare wheel for example.

That's the best 'freebie' I've heard yet. Wish I had a spare wheel, even a spacesaver !

I amglad someone has asked this question, I have a Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 ecoboost on order, will this come with mats if I haven't already agreed it with the dealer?

Just looked on the Ford website and on the following web page it states that the Titanium comes with front and back mats as standard, presume this isn't just if you order from Ford, as I have bought my car from a dealership:

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Features-and-specifications

If it is new it should come with mats. Unless it is a grey import and not to UK spec.

Just an update I got in touch with Ford support over Twitter. I had explained the situation and how ridiculous it was for me to pay £30 after getting a £15k car and how discusted I was with the customer service I had recieved with the dealer etc. So they have decided to give me some mats and some other goodies due to the inconvinence and the dealer had agreed to include them in. So its always good to give it a try.

Just an update I got in touch with Ford support over Twitter. I had explained the situation and how ridiculous it was for me to pay £30 after getting a £15k car and how discusted I was with the customer service I had recieved with the dealer etc. So they have decided to give me some mats and some other goodies due to the inconvinence and the dealer had agreed to include them in. So its always good to give it a try.

Glad to hear you got the result you wanted mate! I am really hoping mine comes with the mats but we shall wait and see.... due to arrive next week! :D

• 4 months later...

Titanium / Titanium X / ST1 - ST2

All come with mats as standard from the factory.

I have a titanium and it came with mats I should be grateful but they don't match :-/ rubber in the back carpet in the front :-/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club