Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,586 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

That eBay part is brand new though so no chance of a secondhand one being faulty too and still much cheaper than direct from Ford.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jen1878

jen1878

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Jen
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta
  • Year: 2004

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering if you managed to fix this.  I have the same problem but now my key has stopped working too!  I have purchased a new lock including the solenoid.  Is it easy to fit?

Thanks 

#18 C-Max & Fiesta Guy

C-Max & Fiesta Guy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Tony
  • Ford Model: C-Max
  • Year: 2005

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

Same problem on my Fiesta. The unlock actuator not withdrawing enough to open the the rear hatch. Remove the three screws holding the rear trim that covers the actuator assembly. Unplug electrical connector from actuator, and remove the two screws holding  the actuator in position. Disconnect the cable that links it to the lock assy. Now the best part; this is a sealed unit and the two halves need to be separated. Start at the electrical plug end and split the two halves of the case. mine split without causing any damage. The electric motor is now exposed. Remove it. Locate the two lugs securing the white plastic brush assy. Open them up and pull the plastic end off. This exposes the brushes and motor commutator. Clean it all up and carefully reassemble ensuring the brushes are located on the commutator. No need the bend the securing lugs back, just slip the motor as is into the plastic casing along with the gears. Put the two plastic halves together and secure with two cable ties. At this point you can test the device by connecting 12 volts directly to the actuator terminals. If it works, install back in Fiesta and it should all work. Mine did. Total cost, nothing.

#19 The Blob

The Blob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: George
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk6.5 1.4 Petrol
  • Year: 2008

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

Same problem on my Fiesta. The unlock actuator not withdrawing enough to open the the rear hatch. Remove the three screws holding the rear trim that covers the actuator assembly. Unplug electrical connector from actuator, and remove the two screws holding  the actuator in position. Disconnect the cable that links it to the lock assy. Now the best part; this is a sealed unit and the two halves need to be separated. Start at the electrical plug end and split the two halves of the case. mine split without causing any damage. The electric motor is now exposed. Remove it. Locate the two lugs securing the white plastic brush assy. Open them up and pull the plastic end off. This exposes the brushes and motor commutator. Clean it all up and carefully reassemble ensuring the brushes are located on the commutator. No need the bend the securing lugs back, just slip the motor as is into the plastic casing along with the gears. Put the two plastic halves together and secure with two cable ties. At this point you can test the device by connecting 12 volts directly to the actuator terminals. If it works, install back in Fiesta and it should all work. Mine did. Total cost, nothing.

I registered on the forum just to say thanks. I followed all the steps, had a little struggle to open the sealed actuator and the electric motor, but after an hour, a few blisters and tired hands later, the problem was solved. The boot opens like the first day I bought the car. I was a little bit nervous while I opened and cleaned the actuator assembly, if I knew that everything was going to be fine, I would have taken pictures for a step-by-step visual manual.

Thanks Tony, you saved me 100 € :) Greetings from Macedonia!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, mk6, boot, release, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users