Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,966 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus CMAX 1.6 CVT TDCI
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

you would need to feed it back into the cabin, or at least into the trunking then down the boot seals and into the panel to click into the lights I suspect.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Ford Model: MONDEO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

mines an mondy estate so was a pig of a job to get the wires through the rubber sleeve where the loom goes at the top of the door, but once that bit was done, the rest is fairly straight forward, just tuck it behind the trim round the edge of the car, or along the roof lining.

The numberplate cam is well worth it, as you can see it is very subtle so wont be abused or accidently caught by kids or other people walking past.

But like i said the only draw back is the light, if you have a dull light in the other plate light your ok, otherwise it looks very lopsided. I started off by adding  short strip of waterproof leds under the handle, but i ended up having trouble with it due to the small fiddly position it was in, so bought for some of these.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33681e5e91

I then drilled about 4 or 5, 3-4mm holes in the underneath of the handle and just pushed those in, if you get the right size drill bit you can just push them in from inside the handle and they sit snug. Then just wire them into the numberplate wire thats already there and your sorted.

The first pic is the original led strips i put on to give you an idea, I know it looks tatty but bare in mind you wont see them unless the tailgates open. The second is the view i got from the cam when i was parked in the garage to give you an idea of view (the yellow skittle is right up against the bumper with the towbar next to it, then there is a green skittle either end against the bumper under the position of the lights. the red skittle is 6foot behind the car in line with the towbar)

Yeah ok the garage is a mess :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• MVC-003F.JPG
  • camview.JPG

#18 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 268 Sleeper
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well it would only want powering when the reverse light is activated, like the camera would be. So I could use the same wire for each- I think?

AS far as the right channel, isn't it just a wire that goes into it? So I'm hoping it would go straight onto it lol 

Why not have it switched on when driving normally, you could even have it connected to a PVR (personal video recorder) so it would capture incedents/ bad driving (other peoples!) etc in conjunction with a front-facing recording camera

#19 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Ford Model: MONDEO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Why not have it switched on when driving normally, you could even have it connected to a PVR (personal video recorder) so it would capture incedents/ bad driving (other peoples!) etc in conjunction with a front-facing recording camera

yeah you could watch the idiot behind crash into the back of you, or the look on their face when they realise they havent left enough braking distance :lol:

#20 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,379 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

in case its of use i did create a guide to fitting a rear view camera a while ago..

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users