Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Sick Of Sync, Looking For Help To Install Aftermarket.

Willy

Sync is really peeving me off and am starting to look at aftermarket options. All I want is to play all my music in alphabetical album order without having to keep going back to the menu to play the next album. I would also like the option of skipping albums (folders) without having to go back to the menu.

I understand that sync does have a folder mode but why do I have to use the voice control to skip folders?

Anyways I want to rip it out and replace with a double DIN head unit which is steering wheel compatible as well as being able to access the cars setting. Any ideas? I have £500ish to spend :)

Oh it's a 2013 Fiesta by the way ;)

But double DIN looks so awful :(

Yeah true. I did see a touch screen affair that replaces the current screen and keeps the original head unit, that's what I'm really after.

i think anything else that the stock one will look awfull =(

Nath.

What if I got an old bluetooth module from an earlier model. You reckon it will work?

Have you checked with your dealer to see if there are any updates to Sync?

Nath.

What if I got an old bluetooth module from an earlier model. You reckon it will work?

It will be possible but may require control panel, CD player and wiring loom as well.

Have you checked with your dealer to see if there are any updates to Sync?

Nothing in the pipeline :(

It will be possible but may require control panel, CD player and wiring loom as well.

Not as easy as just changing the module to a 2012 bluetooth / USB model. Oh well looks like we're all stuck with it for now.

Hi, on another forum I heard that there is too be an update at some point but I don't know if it is for your particular issue. But really, is it that bad to go to such an expense just for your musical tastes? I also doubt very much if a earlier BT module will do anything as all of the sync is embedded into the head unit. Personally I'd stick with it, you are an early adopter of the car, thus there will also be tweaks and fixes that come along sooner or later. Perhaps you should hassle your dealership about it...

Been onto my dealer and FORD CS but no update as yet.

The Sync module is separate from the head unit located in the passenger side foot well but as iNath said it wouldn't work without pulling the loom etc.

I'll keep asking about the update and see what happens.

Not gonna lie, Sync is the worst thing I've ever had on a car, and that's saying something when I had a car that on every journey the brakes would set on fire if you'd been on a Motorway.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, Sync is the worst thing I've ever had on a car, and that's saying something when I had a car that on every journey the brakes would set on fire if you'd been on a Motorway.

I like sync :D It kinda just works for me and does everything o.O It even has perfectly working voice recognition (as in, it's always, without exception, done the right thing, that's a first for any voice thing ever).

Maybe my sync systems loves me!

Mine work perfectly too. Just hard to find what your looking for when your doing 70 ;)

Mine work perfectly too. Just hard to find what your looking for when your doing 70 ;)

'tis true :D Admittedly i do tend to use voice commands for that. But then again, voice commands don't usually work for me very well, it's only sync that does!

I like sync :D It kinda just works for me and does everything o.O It even has perfectly working voice recognition (as in, it's always, without exception, done the right thing, that's a first for any voice thing ever).

Maybe my sync systems loves me!

Have you called 'Home' yet? >_>

Mine freezes, tells me stuff is unavailable meaning I'd have to go through it all manually, won't ring out sometimes, voice recognition fails, TA won't turn off at all, just to name a few of the faults >.<

I'm quite glad my car was built just before they changed to Sync (get to keep both steering wheel control pads too). Sounds like there are a lot of issues.

Doesn't surprise me being Microsoft software, but I'm a bit disappointed in Ford for using it while it is so buggy. :(

i love my sync works great for me. you just have to learn what words to say and your done =)

The words "why won't you work you mickey mouse piece of crap" isn't an official Ford sync phrase by the way ;)

I yelled 'Work you (choice words followed)' and it went 'Sorry, I didn't understand that', typical.

I'd put in an older module in, but then I don't know if I' loose the hill assist options, traction control option, etc.

You'd have thought there'd be a patch by now, but then it is Microsoft.

MS has nothing to do with updates, not 'patches' as you state. They do not make the voice recognition software sync uses, it's Dragon by the way....

If it was Microsoft then any updates would only make things worse.

It's still poo !

Found a replacement on eBay that changes the display into a touch screen jobbie and does all the stuff I want. It also works with the Ford head unit so will still look stock :)

Anyone want a Sync Module ;)

I could do with a new doorstop ;)

It's funny that with mine working without any issues and I find it annoying. You guys must be getting really peeved.