Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling All 1.8 Tdci Owners (Urgent!)

schematikgnu

I need a massive favour off fellow 1.8 TDCi owners and this is going to sound the strangest thing you've ever heard on a forum!

I'm having a major row with a well know dealership and i need to know if what i'm arguing is right, so, your mission is as follow..

When you get in your car and start the ignition, leaving foot off clutch and obviously outta gear, just gently press the accelerator and hold it and let me know how high the revs get when they level off.. This would be a massive favour (all be it a very odd request!)

Result 1 - mine = 1,700rpm

around 1100-1200

I know mine sits no where near that but will give a more accurate reading tommrow

which dealer is this as im in the local area, if you need any codes reading...give me a shout i have IDS.

Anyways i will try this in about 45min, when i finish and will let you know.

Cheers John, would be great if you could. The garage in question is Evans Halshaw in Boro, i left the car with them last night due to various issues and one of them been that i keep loosing the throttle. Yesterday they told me not to drive the car as they would be held responsible if it happens again and something happens, but today they reckon there is no fault despite me mentioning the TPS being a possibility. Apparently what i've read online through forums etc and had confirmed with Ford is not good enough unless they diagnose it themselves and because it's not a constant issue i'm lost with what to do next.

I don't know what journeys the car did before, but with me it is going from Middlesbrough to Leeds and back everyday, so 95% of it's time is now on dual carriageways in busy traffic. With that in mind and the fact that It's already happened twice and i'm not prepared to pick the car up until something has been done.. If anyone has any ideas what i can do/who i can speak to, any advice would be great!

Ah ive had no dealings with them but my sister has recently in darlington and wasnt that good...ended up getting some bus fitters to sort it as she couldnt get it up here...i stick to jennings in gateshead and washington, top lads there like.

Everytime i started my car i remembered about this and was like crap forgot hahah

Anyways from what i understand is evans do a mix of cars and so their techs wont be as good full on ford dealers like jennings.

But for everyday they refuse to give you the car, get a free courtesy car.

On another note it could be a fault which you got to live with until it shows permanently, bot the best but hey.

Like i said im willing to recalibrate your pcm with a system update and try reading codes and live data to see if that helps. But tbh they should have already done this

EDIT: well i tried this on 3 occasions in mine and i get just over 1500K revs...No more than 1750K

Thanks again John. I sent an email to Pendragon (who i believe 'own' Evans Halshaw) on Tuesday night, explaining the issues i was having and that the dealership were refusing to make any repairs.

Although i've not heard anything back from them, i called EH yesterday to explain that i'm working away and couldn't collect the car until Friday afternoon. Very unexpectedly, they came back to me and said that they have another part on order which is due to be delivered and fitted to the car today.. The delay in me collecting the car is not a problem as it'll give them chance to 'run it and make sure everything's ok.. If there's any problems they'll ring me back'. As i was at work i couldnt question this any further, so i'm very curious as to what's now going on. I'm guessing they'll give me some paperwork to show what repairs are been made when i pick it up and wonder if this sudden repair has anything to do with that email i sent?

I would of asked what part and how much myself...you could turn up and they have last laugh when they say ££££'s only thing they will give you is a receipt which says part number and price, along with labour etc.

You have to request full documentation normally

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club