Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2013 Vin Number Position

manutd14

Hello all,

Yesterday I tried to register in ford.com to check for sync updates and other stuff. When I was asked to insert my VIN number, I checked my car (Fiesta ecoboost titanium) and I found a 17 character-number at the bottom of the windscreen wipers. I checked at the side of the door and there wasn't any 17 character label. I tried to add it on the site, but I couldn't proceed to the next phase. A message "VIN must belong to a Ford, Lincoln......consist only of 17 numbers and letters......" is shown. My VIN starts with WF0. Is it possible that this is not the VIN number? Is it possible that I can't register in .com Ford site? Any ideas? Thanks!

In the pre face lift the vin number was also printed on the body of the car under a little flap in the carpet in the drivers footwell near the door. The one on the windscreen should be right though and the same as what's under the floor I think never checked mine

I've checked it again in the car license. It is the same. I was not sure about 0 (zero) or O character. I tried it with both but still can't pass the VIN number step and complete registration. Does anyone face a similar problem?

Could it be because the car is an European model and Ford.com is for the American market?

Sounds like you're trying to register on the American Ford site for update to their Sync system which is different to the European - hence it won't accept your VIN.

Yes I was thinking about that, but I couldn't find a support page for European cars?

I didn't have a clue about that! Thanks a lot!