Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Spray On Wax

MarkyR

What's the best spray on wax? That works well after you wash the car with DoDo Juice Born To Be Mild?

Been looking at Autoglyms Aqua Wax kit and Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax. And the Duragloss 951 Aquawax.

Looking for the best quick wax solution, not interested in spending hours waxing. Just after a bit of gloss and protection.

I was using the Meguiars Ultimate Wash And Wax but have read it will cause issues at night as it leaves wax on the windscreen, I'm also not sure it cleans as well as the Dodo Juice does.

I use autoglym aqua wax after I've washed the car and I think it's pretty good. Very easy to apply!

I'll keep an eye on this because I'm nearing the end of the bottle.

• Like 1

I use autoglym aqua wax after I've washed the car and I think it's pretty good. Very easy to apply!

I'll keep an eye on this because I'm nearing the end of the bottle.

Thanks Tom. Does it give a bit of protection and is it easy to keep off the windscreen?

Hi, I agree with tom as I also use aqua wax. There's no need to keep it off anything really just don't spray it directly at the screen. I've been using this product for years and I have never had any issues with it on glass...

Yeah I've never had any problems with the glass or trim etc. But I would say it's quite easy to keep it off the glass if you wanted.

I've also heard that optimum car wax is pretty good

And the protection seems to be alright. It's all I have ever used to can't compare really. I usually top it up every few weeks and it always looks good

Rather than using a spray on wax, have you thought about a spray sealant? They work much in the same way, but last far longer. Dodo's Red Mist tropical is one of the best i've come across. The beading and gloss from Red mist is amazing, well worth a try if your unsure of other products.

Another sealant to look at is dodo's acrylic spritz. It works much like Red Mist, but lasts upto 3 times longer.

• Like 1

Does a sealant give protection and help make the car easy to clean?

Yeah a sealant and wax are much in they same thing, however waxes are best hard and out of a tub where as sealants are always a liquid form so spray on sealants are usual much better an more durable than their liquid wax counter parts.

The next step above spray on sealants for ease of use an minimum time requirements is collonite 845, if you warm some up so it goes runny in a dispensable bottle it apples fast, hazes fast and wipes of with ease, if you apply 1 coat per week for 3 consecutive weeks it'll offer around 6 months quality protection.

I applied collonite 845 to the whole of my car and buffed off in circa 20 mins.

Hmm, well I think I may give the Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical a go?

http://www.dodojuice.com/red-mist-tropical-protection-detailer.html

Is that good? Not a bad price and seems you spray then wipe it in then wipe it off. Do you do that on a wet car or a dry car? It seems the tropical version is easier to use as it's less fussy about the temperature and sun etc. I think this with my Dodo Juice wash would be good? Also how frequently do you have to use it?

just bought a bunch of stuff from dodo juice and i got some red mist tropical aswell. smells nice but noit had the chance to use it yet =) this WE

Auto Finesse Tough Coat is a superb sealant!

I've had some great results, this shine was achieved after two layers of Tough Coat, driven around in the snow for a week, then pressure washed off at the beginning of the year:

DSC_0138_zps3f9bc52d.jpg

As I am new to this detailing game can I do the following.

Can I use dodo juice red mist on a pearlescent car is the auto glum srp polish the best to use,.

Also ave a Vision blue metallic

Can both products be used after claying the car or will it cause damage,

Total novice, I am used to just washing my car and drying.

I have the two buckets now

Stevo you can apply red mist over the srp just fine however it isn't truely a 'proper' sealant, it works best when used inbetween lsp coats

What is ISP coats

Marc, that blue is awesome it can achieve amazing finishes! Tough coats a really decent product and would suit that blue well. Next time look to add a glaze like megs no7 for a really wet look!

so am I right in cleaning in this order

snow foam

Rinse

Wash two buckets

Dry

clay

Polish srp

Quick wax

Seal dodo juice

Clean alloys with alloy wheel cleaner

Tyre dres

Clean windows and rain ex

Please tell me if this is wrong

Marc, that blue is awesome it can achieve amazing finishes! Tough coats a really decent product and would suit that blue well. Next time look to add a glaze like megs no7 for a really wet look!

Thank you very much :D I have Poor Boys Black Hole, yet to find the time to use it though :p

so am I right in cleaning in this order

Snow foam

Rinse

Wash two buckets

Dry

Clay

Polish srp

Quick wax

Seal dodo juice

Clean alloys with alloy wheel cleaner

Tyre dres

Clean windows and rain ex

Please tell me if this is wrong

It's not wrong but I'd do the rain ex and clean windows towards the beginning as you'll spray stuff over your freshly waxed paint and ruin all your hard work :p

Also there's little point in waxing and sealing, it's usually one or the other

Cool, complete novice so advice is much appreciated. Might give it a go this weekend

Stevo alloy wheel cleaner is the first point of call, in my routine, I apply it to dry cool wheels, lightly agitate and then power wash off, i then snow foam the wheels and agitate more vigorously and powerwash off, then snow foam the entire vehicle. LSP = last stage protection. So a proper wax or sealant the autoglym egp is an ok starter LSP. I prefer to clean the windows, at the end, once you have applied the Rainex buff off as per instructions but then dampen a clean microfibrer and wipe the windows down again, leaves em spotless!

I'll vote for rainwater, with occasional puddle splashing, followed by driving quickly to avoid streaks :P

• Like 1

Hmm, well I think I may give the Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical a go?

http://www.dodojuice.com/red-mist-tropical-protection-detailer.html

Is that good? Not a bad price and seems you spray then wipe it in then wipe it off. Do you do that on a wet car or a dry car? It seems the tropical version is easier to use as it's less fussy about the temperature and sun etc. I think this with my Dodo Juice wash would be good? Also how frequently do you have to use it?

RTM is best applied to a clean and dry bodywork. You will find it will last between 1 and 2 months before you need to reapply the product. One spray should cover a very large area, so be sure not to over use the product otherwise it will smear.

• Like 1

RTM is best applied to a clean and dry bodywork. You will find it will last between 1 and 2 months before you need to reapply the product. One spray should cover a very large area, so be sure not to over use the product otherwise it will smear.

Thanks mate, I never knew RM was like a quick wax/ sealant haha. Is the Autoglym going to be quicker to apply at all? Also do you have to avoid getting the RMT onto the plastic trim?

I've been getting sealer all over my plastics for nearly 2 years now no damage done and it takes the white marks off not permanently though unfortunately