Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had Our New Mondeo Two Months Now. Love It!

autobahnproven

We have what will be the new version of the Mondeo already. 2.0 EcoBoost, 6 speed Auto, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, lots of other goodies. Deep Impact Blue with Dune leather. Looks fabulous. My wife says she gets a lot of attention driving it... post-44924-0-43426900-1372962439_thumb.jpost-44924-0-71549200-1372962519_thumb.jpost-44924-0-90108000-1372962722_thumb.jpost-44924-0-44011600-1372963213_thumb.jpost-44924-0-64072800-1372963595_thumb.j

• Like 1

Very nice! i saw a few of these when i was in america earlier this year - they definitely look better in the flesh than the pictures suggest! I saw a white one sat on the same 18" wheels of my Focus Zetec S - Really smart!

Wasnt expecting the layouts of the dials to be like that though, does the rev counter require getting used to??

Thanks. The displays either side of the speedometer are customisable depending on your mood. For example, the rev counter can be made to look like a regular one. It defaults to that when you put the car into sport mode to use the paddle shifters. A very satisfying drive and rock solid north of 100mph.

It really does look fantastic, very Aston -esque from the front!

Ford are definitely getting their inspiration from their Aston Martin line up now.

Always liked the Aston look so definitely not a bad thing at all.

A Very nice motor indeed! Wish I had the money for a toy like that!

Feet on The Table - Thanks - the looks draw a lot of attention. Come end 2014 the Valencia factory will be churning them out by the tens of thousands.

Stoney871 - my wife even suggested we replace the Ford badge with a you-know-what. I told her that would be just too tacky... Ford actually sold Aston Martin a few years back but still employ many of the same stylists.

Jeebowhite - Thanks - this is a car we take a second look at before walking away. It seems obvious, really: build a drop-dead gorgeous looking car - once you've done all the tooling for it, it costs about the same to build as an ugly one...

Now if only we could dump the limited top speed of 120mph - Superchips already said they can't help...

that is a shame, someone somewhere should be able to though!

This is the one i saw, it completely changed my mind about what i saw in the pics!

Does it feel particularly big to drive? My dad had the previous shape and it felt big at first but quickly got used to it :)

Those dials are quite smart if they can do that! i have no idea why its taking so long for us to get it over here though, shame the colour shares its name with that terrible film Deep Impact...! :P

post-18560-0-72896700-1373050885_thumb.j

It feels a little bigger than our Accord and it is but only by about an inch for length and width. I got used to it quite quickly as I'm used to driving wider cars. It's actually quite nimble on it's feet once you get moving and seems to grow smaller the faster you go.

I can tell you exactly why it's taking so long to get the Euro version. The current Mondeo is or was made in Belgium at Ford's Ghent plant. Ford was unable to reach a satisfactory agreement with the unions, so the plant will close. I live partly in Belgium, so can definitely empathise with Ford. While no expert, from a historical perspective, it seems like the union situation in Belgium is similar to that of the UK's in the 1970s.The Valencia plant in Spain which currently builds the 2.0 EcoBoost for the worldwide market (correct me if I'm wrong) is being tooled-up to build the Mondeo. All of which takes time.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mark

I see the new Mondeo has (or will have for us in EU) a 6speed auto and paddles with adaptive driving options.

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to fit paddles on the current 5 speed Powershift but I've been advised that it isn't a 'sequential' box?

However, there are videos on Youtube which I think show a Mk 4 with paddles - curiouser and curiouser!!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

There are ways you can do it if you have a triptonic gearbox. People have managed to install padels which trip the switch and then spliced into the wires underneath the gear lever, so that when you trip the padel, its the same action as poppind down or up on the gear stick!

Thanks James

However, is the Mk IV Double Clutch Powershift the same as Tiptronic???

I've been told that, as a non sequential box, it cant do paddles???

Regards

Steve

Stephen, ours is a regular old-fashioned 6 speed torque converter automatic, with paddle-shifters for the sport mode. So yes, paddles work on this type of transmission.

Some manufacturers experimented with Dual clutch set-ups on larger cars with limited success - Maserati Quattroporte from 10 years ago, for example. They learned their lesson and the current model uses a regular automatic. BTW, you can pick up an early Quattroporte with low miles, excellent condition for around £15,000.00. There's even a 2004 on eBay right now, asking just £14,500.00 - definitely way less than new Mondeo money!

We have what will be the new version of the Mondeo already. 2.0 EcoBoost, 6 speed Auto, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, lots of other goodies. Deep Impact Blue with Dune leather. Looks fabulous. My wife says she gets a lot of attention driving it... attachicon.gif20130428_105823.jpgattachicon.gifat brem.jpgattachicon.gif20130426_143545.jpgattachicon.gif20130510_130454.jpgattachicon.gif20130428_105629.jpg

Im just on the wrong side of 25 so still into hot hatches etc and not ready for a "grown-up" car yet but when I am......boy is that a pretty pretty car to own. Great Style, Great Colour and Modern Interior!! :)

Thanks Mark - the plot thickens!!

So, as a general question to anyone, do the Mk IVs just have the Powershift box (5 or 6 gears??) or is there another variant?

And, if double clutch is a problem, have there been issues with Powershift? Obviously with the Mk V (Fusion) they seem to have gone back to sequential?

Regards

Steve

Cheers Welshy. You've got your sporty hatch. Keep at least one in your life. You can tell your significant other it's practical...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club