Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

ahaw6627

Instrument Panel Electrical Fault Mk2 Focus 1.4 Petrol

2 posts in this topic

Hi all

My instrument panel is doing some !Removed! weird things. When I'm driving down the road the speedo and rev counter stop working and all the lights come on along with dashes in the mileage trip bit. When it eventually comes back into life it is in limp mode with the red cog and also the orange looks-like-a-gearbox on the right hand side is on. Some days it will do this. Some times it won't do it at all.

It played up something wicked yesteday driving home and this morning it won't start at all. Seems as thou the immobiliser is not turning off. I did wash it yesterday. But then last weekend when it was doing it, I didn't wash it but it was a hot day. After going dials dying and going into limp mode I lost throttle to I'm confused!! Only had it 6 weeks!

Where is the main fusebox and ECU on the car? Water getting in and shorting? ECU fault? Loose wire?

Any help greatly appreciated

Alan

Could be a wet fusebox.

Main fuse board is on the passenger side of the engine compartment and thr ECU is below the fusebox but you need to go in through the passenger side wheel arch as the arch liner covers it.