Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Owner!!

jodyjones1982

Hey all, just about to join you all in owning a Ford!

I have agreed a purchase on a 2009 59-plate Mondeo Econetic as below:

(Mondeo 2007-, 1.8L Duratorq-TDCi ECO (125PS), Ink Blue (Metallic)

Build Date: 22.10.2009 Vehicle Line: Mondeo 2007- Body Style: 5 Door Saloon Version: Series 40 Engine: 1.8L Duratorq-TDCi ECO (125PS) Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Trans - MTX75 Drive: RHD FWD Emission: Stage IV Emissions Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C Territory: (+)"GB" Paint: Ink Blue (Metallic) Interior Fabric:

Daphne/Twill / Ebony

I'm paying £6500, it has 53k miles on it, FHS, 1 owner from new.

Does this sound like a worthwhile deal to you??

Either way, I'm looking at adding parking sensors to it so the missus doesn't destroy it (previous car was a Clio!), I'm not to fussed about doing it myself incase I get it wrong, and not sure how I go about getting someone to do them for me.

Is it really as easy as people say? What can I expect to pay for someone doing it for me?

I'm new to modding at the likes, but am open to new ideas, are there any you can pass on?

Many thanks!!

P.S. Also I'm not sure if I've done anything wrong on this post, or posted it in the wrong area!!

Hi and welcome to the Forums

Welcome to the club, it sounds like you have your eye on a good deal there!

as for parking sensors, expect to pay over £200 for them to be done, or if like most of us (myself included) you want to give it a go, then you can do it for under £15 :) It really is easy, as long as you take your time in preperation and no what you want to do, you could easily do it. The hardest part for me was working out where to put them on the bumper, a tape measure, blue tack and a bit of patience I managed to line them up. Then once I found the reverse wire, then you snip, and connect them back together, along with the reverse wires and reconnect them with a but connector...

See my list below on my signature for all the mods on my motor. Never modified a car in any way shape or form, mainly just done my own simple serviceable items and was new to it all, so if I can do it...

This lot have done well in Auto Express reviews, and are reasonably priced, and while Auto express isn't always the absolute finest source for technical info, I'd guess these are all right. There are a lot of options, I think including them to fit the system, and while that is a bit overpriced, if you don't want to do it yourself, that's probably the best option.

For a simple ultrasound system, you need to pick up the supply to the reversing light, which switches on when you select reverse.

Hey all, just about to join you all in owning a Ford!

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Trans - MTX75

!

Hi! - apparently actually owning a ford is not strictly compulsory on the forum :lol:

(perhaps there shpuld be an "other marques" section?)

Im surprised yours has a 5-speed box, i thought all the mk4 Mondeos had 6 speeders (i like having the 5-speed, the 6 speed can be overgeared in some situations)

Nice car - i would be surprised if you were dissapointed with the way it drives

I owned a Kia Ceed in my absence from Ford ownership lol