Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St With Bluefin Remap

funkylad

half the time they can give you more power but choose not too, as they have maps for the Police too in some cases.

They do indeed, that's what I have on my 1.8 diesel.

When our work cars had a special corporate remap package deal from Superchips I paid for a highly discounted group user licence option.

It took my Focus upto 148bhp (averaged over 3 dyno runs).

It goes like poo off a chrome shovel. :p

They do indeed, that's what I have on my 1.8 diesel.

When our work cars had a special corporate remap package deal from Superchips I paid for a highly discounted group user licence option.

It took my Focus upto 148bhp (averaged over 3 dyno runs).

It goes like poo off a chrome shovel. :P

Think it was from you mentioning it that I picked that bit of information :P

So is superchips the place to go then, just we considered the bluefin for the mk6.5 st and are after the best place to go, cost wise and customer service etc...

So is superchips the place to go then, just we considered the bluefin for the mk6.5 st and are after the best place to go, cost wise and customer service etc...

Superchips is a well-established tuner/ remapper, (est. 1977 i believe) the Bluefin is a leading product, which supports many Fords (and other cars)

They were very helpful with me, producing one then another special map for my extensively modified car

• Like 1

Haven't got a printout as said printing apparatus decided hey, lets not work today. Getting it in the post Monday/Tuesday :P

I went with a custom job, cost me the cost of parts due to knowing the chap very well. Gone from the turbo, and ditched the cat to a sport job. It's not loads louder and by no means a pain when cruising, but giving it some has it quite loud. It was a case unbolting, welding the new exhaust, re-bolting. Miltek through Pumaspeed have something coming soon I believe.

I didn't get it from Superchips, I took it to the chap who mapped the track car for the charity I'm involved with but from experience, ring Superchips up to order to get your Bluefin, if you have a chat and tell them about what modifications you have then they should be able to do something for you. Also nag them a good deal, half the time they can give you more power but choose not too, as they have maps for the Police too in some cases.

You should post the map up when you get it -

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/45624-foc-rolling-road-dyno-thread-for-all-st-rs-and-regular-ford-petrol-diesel-turbo-na-cars-vans-post-your-power-torque-printout-here/

We looked at and put off getting a bluefin its not set in stone whether hes keeping the st or getting shot next year, but thought I would ask the question just incase :D

I phoned them before 9 this morning & explained the situation. The guy I spoke to hadn't heard anything about it. He said he would put in a request for the updated remap for me. Nothing yet. Just wondering is the updated remap you got the same power figures? Wondering if they had to back it off a bit due to the issue you & I found?

I really want to get mine done asap so I can get a dyno run done on it

haha they said the same to me! Hence my first couple of posts! they said they were not aware of any problems and had tested it loads on there own STs..I kept phoning up telling them my problem,spoke to one bloke who was real snotty.Then spoke to someone else the following day,who said he would go through the remap he had sent to my bluefin with a fine tooth comb.. Then that evening i had a text saying "log my bluefin into the pc as a remap is ready to download..

haha they said the same to me! Hence my first couple of posts! they said they were not aware of any problems and had tested it loads on there own STs..I kept phoning up telling them my problem,spoke to one bloke who was real snotty.Then spoke to someone else the following day,who said he would go through the remap he had sent to my bluefin with a fine tooth comb.. Then that evening i had a text saying "log my bluefin into the pc as a remap is ready to download..

So it took a while for them to send it out to you then? I am still within my 7 day no quibble return period which I would imagine means from when I activated it last Wednesday. Can you remember the chap you spoke to who went through the remap with a fine toothcomb & could you PM me any details that could identify you to them so that might speed things along for me? Thanks :)

I got the second remap from them & put it on. No more problems with lag or delay.

I went to get a rolling road done on the car before & after remap.

Results :

post-12952-0-29489700-1373909787_thumb.j

Wonder what the max power out of the ST is, wouldn't mind 300bhp or so and I doubt is too hard.

I got the second remap from them & put it on. No more problems with lag or delay.

Results :

Thats exellent that you got it sorted! its interesting that its a bit lower than the Superchips one - perhaps the Superchips one is reading high?

did they give you the wheel horsepower?

Thats exellent that you got it sorted! its interesting that its a bit lower than the Superchips one - perhaps the Superchips one is reading high?

did they give you the wheel horsepower?

I thought the only difference between the superchips & bluefin was that the bluefin is DIY? No they only gave me the flywheel one that i scanned. I have emailed Superchips & the reseller a scan of the results & have asked for a refund under the superchips 7 day no quibble guarantee

Your car may possibly be down on power than a difference; how many miles do you have so far?

Hi, the torque increase would be of more interest really. Seems like your power output now is similar to mine...

200 miles :)

Got it last Wednesday

Come back when you get 1,000 :P

Will be run in that way and going smoother hopefully.

Come back when you get 1,000 :P

Will be run in that way and going smoother hopefully.

I only have 7 days to return the bluefin for a refund if I am not happy with it & don't have time to do another 800 miles before Wednesday :D

The remap should be fine at any mileage, just may explain the lower power than expected that's all. May as well get the refund really if you're not happy, it's a few hundred notes if you risk it and it doesn't pay off.

Results :

Glad you got it sorted, so if you were me, what do you do. I get the st soon, then buy the bluefin from this, will I get the fixed map or will i get the original one and have to get in touch with them? wanna get the fixed map from the start and be done with it once and for all. Maybe I should send them an email before I order it?

Glad you got it sorted, so if you were me, what do you do. I get the st soon, then buy the bluefin from this, will I get the fixed map or will i get the original one and have to get in touch with them? wanna get the fixed map from the start and be done with it once and for all. Maybe I should send them an email before I order it?

Or wait for the Mountune version?

Or wait for the Mountune version?

If you were me would you go bluefin or wait for moutune? :)

Superchips is the company, Bluefin is (one of) their product(s)

In reality, most remaps (and the Bluefin) produce similar results , because the cars/ engines hardware (injectors, turbo etc) become the limiting factor - Superchips/Bluefin's "standard" maps tend to be "conservative" so as not to put too much stress on the engine components/ procuce to much emmisions/ smoke etc

No two rolling roads/ dynos read the same, some have got completely different methods of measuring and things like temprature and other factors come into play

On top of that, only the power at the wheels is actually measured, the fly/crank power is "calculated" (guessed) so that is why different dynos different results

Independant tests/ dynos with no vested interest in producing big numbers seem to produce lower results (surprise, surprise)

More on rolling roads/ dynos -

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/45624-foc-rolling-road-dyno-thread-for-all-st-rs-and-regular-ford-petrol-diesel-turbo-na-cars-vans-post-your-power-torque-printout-here/

just had the following from the company who did the dyno runs

shoot out mode is a function in dyno dynamic software for doing dyno runs eg shoot out 4 is for 4 cylinder n/a engines and 4f (which yours was run in) is for 4 cylinder turbo'd/superchargers. Unfortunately this will make no difference to your peak power issue as we seen in stock form the car produced near perfect results , then once mapped file was on mid range were decent enough gains as was the torque gain but this is due to the increase in boost pressure then its pulled away after around 4.5k revs and the power increase is minimal , we see it all so often on the road they feel quick with the boost being increased low down but once on the dyno they show other wise , very high chance on another brand of dyno you would see higher results but not realistic ones i am afraid. If you search about dyno dynamic rollers you will see they are sore but realistic on car figures etc am sure you would rather know the truth , one thing i would say tho is sometimes you are better running mapped files for a little while for them to adjust fully but i very much doubt we would have ever seen it make 220bhp

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club