#61 AistairS

AistairS

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Alistair
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2013

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Arrgh!! Thats annoying!! Thanks for sharing!! Thats whats good about members sharing their experiences on these forums. Feel free to pass on my appreciation for his updates on the situation!!

No worries, happy to pass on information so people can make informed choices.  No hidden agendas or bias, just happy to help :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 AistairS

AistairS

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

At the end of last week they were working on a 4th file as they were aware of the issues.  Would be interesting to know if anyone has that file on their car yet & how it is performing?

#63 Whitey91

Whitey91

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Gilles
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus RS MK2
  • Year: 2010

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hello,

there are new experiences with the Bluefin-Flasher,maybe new diagrams? 
Whats about this 4. file ,what the user "AistairS" said?

I/we are from Luxembourg/Germany and a friend of me bought the Bluefin. He had also these lags on his 1.remap from Bluefin.
After this,he got a second remap, (the newest remap they said).

So he flashed the car,the problem with the lag and " loss of power"  is a lot better,but still there.

So,he made a mail to Bluefin and they answered this (mail is quoted);
" [...]The last remap we provided you with is what we have running on 3 development vehicles here in the UK and several other customers’ cars, without the problems you seem to have. Without seeing a vehicle here with these problems we are unable to carry out any further mapping or diagnosis.[...]"

Now,we dont know what we could do.. maybe the problem that the ecoboosts diffused upboard?

Cause on my Focus RS MK2 ,the Bluefin runs without any problems and my car before the RS,they are no problems too with the Bluefin Flasher.

best regards

#64 AistairS

AistairS

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I had the Mountune MP215 upgrade done on the car last Tuesday.  No problems with lag or power.  Very happy with it.

Not heard anything else about bluefin

#65 Stefan_Pitcher

Stefan_Pitcher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta st-2

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Are many people having problems with this? Is it worth getting the bluefin or spending more on the mountune kit?

#66 Whitey91

Whitey91

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Gilles
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus RS MK2
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

A friend of me recieved a mail from Bluefin last Thursday;

"First of all I must apologise for the delay in my response. We have been working on this problem and with the last remap we provided you, have almost completely eliminated the reported problem with driveability on our development cars here, so I am surprised to learn you are still experiencing problems. However, we have also made some new developments with another of the EcoBoost engines, the Focus ST, and are getting a Fiesta ST back in again on the back of that. If you still have Bluefin and are prepared to wait another week or two we should have something for you very soon to try, if that’s still not satisfactory you would be free to return the unit for refund."

bg

#67 domlin

domlin

Settling In Well

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Name: Dom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but thought it better to do that than to start a new one :)

Has anyone had a good experience with the Bluefin from Superchips for the 2013 Fiesta ST(2)?

I'm looking at doing either the Superchips, or the Mountune. However as Superchips is cheaper and much more easily reversible i'm swaying towards it, providing that it works and doesn't cause me problems haha!

#68 jamesm182

jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,396 posts
  • Name: James
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but thought it better to do that than to start a new one :)

Has anyone had a good experience with the Bluefin from Superchips for the 2013 Fiesta ST(2)?

I'm looking at doing either the Superchips, or the Mountune. However as Superchips is cheaper and much more easily reversible i'm swaying towards it, providing that it works and doesn't cause me problems haha!

Not sure on the Fiesta but I have had a bluefin installed on my Focus ST for some time now and I'm very happy with it  :)

#69 domlin

domlin

Settling In Well

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Name: Dom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Not sure on the Fiesta but I have had a bluefin installed on my Focus ST for some time now and I'm very happy with it  :)

I've heard a lot of good things about Superchips and their Bluefin system, so I wouldn't usually hold back... However after hearing a few of the issues that people have been experiencing I'm kind of undecided until someone who's had it done can confirm if they have problems/notice a difference haha.

Friends of mine have superchips remaps and they are fantastic so I don't doubt the companies reputation or anything.

#70 Torchwood

Torchwood

ST.....Seriously Tempting!

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Name: Torchwood_HK
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

If they did a Bluefin for the 1.6 diesel Fez I'd have one without second thought.

Saw your post dav,

Have they since this post, produced a bluefin for the 1.6 diesel tdci? I saw this...

http://www.superchip...=1&variant=2385

Or have you seen it already and got it.?

#71 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,525 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

That's just the standard map, not the one with the bluefin doodad that you can map and un-map the car with :P

#72 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

Saw your post dav,

Have they since this post, produced a bluefin for the 1.6 diesel tdci? I saw this...

http://www.superchip...=1&variant=2385

Or have you seen it already and got it.?

This is a remap/ performace map where you have to take the car to a Superchips dealer, to have it remapped  

it is a good (re)map with a significant power gain and a big (48nm) torque gain, the power curve is almost perfect and the torque curve is exellent, with a rising caracteristerict  

That's just the standard map, not the one with the bluefin doodad that you can map and un-map the car with :P

The doodad is the Bluefin handset, ( product made by the company Superchips)  that you can buy mail order/ online which you can plug in yourself and load/ unload whenever you wish, it can even often be transferred from one vehicle to another in the 1st year  

The standard map usually refers to the map that came with the car (from Ford etc), a remap / performance map is one that makes the engine more powerful/ the car quicker

I take it you dont want to loose your warrantee/ need one you can remove - there must be a technical reason Superchips do not supply a Bluefin "DIY" remap - it probably cannot be done that way so that just leaves taking the car in to Superchips (or another remapper) to have it remapped, or fit a tuning box    

#73 wesmst-2

wesmst-2

fiSTer Miller

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Name: wes
  • Ford Model: fiesta st-2

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

You really should of saved then paid the extra for a revo map

i paid £450 my car was put on rolling road got all existing print outs then map was installed tweeked now my car is an absolute rocket! running at 220 bhp and in exsess on overboost (fast fiST)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users