Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Limp Home Mode After Filling Up With Fuel?

nickmac73

hello all,

first of all does the 97 1.9 td have a limp home mode fitted?

because after filling up with fuel about 5 to 10 minutes down the road thats what the car seems to do..have a lack of power..

if you stop the car and leave it it works ok again but it seems the longer you leave it the better it is and certainly the next day it works fine. until you fill it up again days and weeks later.

ive changed the fuel filter and put some injector cleaner in which are good but not solving what it is.

it does seem to go like a switch being flicked you can still drive it but with very limited power..

any ideas and all suggestions greatfully recieved

nick

How low do you run your tank before refilling?

If well below a quarter level you could be sucking up sediment.

On the flip side of that, if you only put a small amount of fuel in at a time rather that brimming it you could have an air pressure problem with the tank.

could be the maf throwing its rattle out the pram?

used to get this on my mk2,switch it off and the problem went away,and every now and then it would come back.

hi,

thanks for the replies and sorry for taking so long to come back (i had to go to work)

anyway i fill up to full when i get empty which is about once a month and depending on what offers are around.

i don.t think its sludge ive replaced the fuel filter and its too 'only the day i fill up' to be sludge.

mass airflow stuff i'm interested in i think it is electrical cos it seems to re-set itself just got to work out which bit?

nick

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club