Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2001 1600

Carmin

Hi,

I'm new to this this. Looking for advice. My focus is revving really high in 1st and 2nd gear. The engine is rattling too. If I get into 3rd gear the revs go back down to 2000. It has lost power on a few occasions. When this happens I have to switch the engine off and wait a few minutes. Any suggestions please?

I have read that it could be the tpc, I have no idea though.

Thanks x

Welcome to the forums!

Throttle Position Sensor is one place to start, also fuel filter is possibly part of the lost power issue. Have you tried anything as of yet at all, or just still at the advice stage?

back down to 2000 rpm it should only sit at 700 theres a large list throttle position sensor cam sensor air leak from one of the vacume hoses collapsed vacume hose idle control valve the best bet is to check for codes using the dash trick and then have the codes in the ecu read otherwise you can replace lots of parts that arent cheap before you get to the cause

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club