Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new fiesta 1.6 tdci

bryfly

When the car has not been used for sometime and switching on the ignition switch to the second position there is a loud whirring noise in the cabin that lasts for about 8 secs this is followed by a second lesser noise for about 5 secs, then just a small hum. anybody got the same or know what it is? cheers

When the car has not been used for sometime and switching on the ignition switch to the second position there is a loud whirring noise in the cabin that lasts for about 8 secs this is followed by a second lesser noise for about 5 secs, then just a small hum. anybody got the same or know what it is? cheers

Have you contacted the manufacturer at all?

Have you contacted the manufacturer at all?

No not as yet, the dealer is going to have a listen when i go in for 12 week free check

does it come from the central part of car, ie like fan/air noise?

From the driving position it sounds like it is behind the dash on the left, my other half in the passenger side says it sounds like it is coming from behind the middle of the dash, to me it sounds like a noisy fuel pump?

I think youll find its perfectly normal. mine does exactly the same. if you sit in the cabin and turn the engine OFF, after a few mins it does exactly the same. Its a combination of electrical trickery going on behind the dash like the climate etc.

I think youll find its perfectly normal. mine does exactly the same. if you sit in the cabin and turn the engine OFF, after a few mins it does exactly the same. Its a combination of electrical trickery going on behind the dash like the climate etc.

thanks for the replies guys

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club