Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Issues (Clutch And Rattling)

adz83

Hi, i've got a couple of issues with my car (2005 mk2 focus 1.6 zetec) and wondered if anyone could help.

First issue is to do with clutch, over the weekend i went down to my sisters (about 170 miles each way). Normally the clutch is fairly light, however i noticed after a number of miles driving on the motorway when depressing the clutch it was much stiffer, this only happened the first time it was pressed after that it went back to feeling normal.

Second issue i have is there is a rattling noise coming from the rear/boot area of the car when going over a rough surface, i've had a good look around back there both internally and externally but can't seem to locate the source.

Can anyone help me with either of these?

Thanks.

Check the brake fluid make sure theres plenty since it feeds the clutch the rattle can be the boot itself try pushing down on it see if it needs adjusted check the rear exhaust hangers still attatched and check the heat shield it may look okay but if one of the holders corrodes itll bang around

cheers i'll have a look, i read somewhere that the catch can cause the boot to rattle aswell.

Also this may be a bit strange but I experience this with a clutch after a long treck, I think it could it just be where we dont use the clutch for that long and using it again just feels weird - maybe?

As artscot and jack says or it could be fluid warming up with use as its shared with the brakes.

i'll just put it down to a quirk of the car then. I managed to solve the rattling today by wrapping some insulation tape around the striker plate for the boot catch, so was pretty happy with that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club