Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

It has takn me a while to get round to trying to sort this out so here goes....

I updated my Sony Gen2 DAB Radio with the latest firmware in Nov '12 and ever since then I'm having problems with my USB playing songs.

It seems to work fine with ignition on but then when I switch engine on it pauses and won't play until I either change tracks or switch the radio off and back on again.

Anyone else have this issue?

I am assuming that there is a bug in the firmware.

Thanks - Jason

Hvae you tried a different memory stick

Hi Preee,

Yes I have and I have re-formatted them both from scratch :(

it maybe a glitch down to the power source changing from the constant live to ignition live. Since USB sticks use digital signals etc, there is a timer involved. if the timer is disrupted by say a power glitch, the signal then cant be "understood" and thus you loosing the ability to play.

Digital signals are very week compared to that of analogue signals etc.

It just seems really strange that this has happened after I upgraded the firmware last Novemeber (been very lazy raising the issue :( )

Mine is the same, I retrofitted the module etc so thought it was a something to do with that.

Yeahthink there is a bug in the software and have been waiting and watching for an updated version on their website.

I did try to roll back the firmware but it won't let you :(