Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can you get aux in on a mk6 fiesta?

doomnix

I recently got a sub fitted in my mk6 fiesta and i was told that i couldnt get an aux input through the back of the stereo unless i but a new stereo in and i think thats a bit too much.

Surely there is a way you can do this.

Does anyone know how?

there is a guide in the fiesta forum, though for the mk7 should be fine for the 6. what you need is the RCA converter.

its a mk 6.

I have no aux button or anything

you dont need an aux button for a sub. basically,look on E-bay for an RCA converter, then it is wired into the back of the stereo and connected to the remote out cable. this then sends the signal to the amp to turn on when the stereo is switched on

you dont need an aux button for a sub. basically,look on E-bay for an RCA converter, then it is wired into the back of the stereo and connected to the remote out cable. this then sends the signal to the amp to turn on when the stereo is switched on

From your first post i take it you have already had the sub fitted? and just want to install an Ipod or MP3 player through the stereo? If this is the case then you are out of luck as you can only connect an Aux lead to the 5/6000 model radio with the aux button. There is no way of connecting this with out changing the radio.

If you are wanting to use your I-Pod and have got a sub fitted then i would look at changing the radio anyway, as you would get much better performance out of your sub through proper RCA outputs rather than a cr#p RCA convertor plug and you would be able to control your I-Pod through the radio.

you can get he radio signal sender units that connect to your ipod then you tune your stereo into it. works absolutely fine, though you cant control it through the radio, sorry i though you wanted to fit the sub.

Yea, i do want an ipod connection, sorry for any confusion.

Yea, thats what i was told.

I kept the stereo out my old car that had an aux input and i was looking of changing it to that but i heard it can be a bit pricey

What is the radio you are looking to put into the car? i can then hopefully tell you everything you need to do it and cost involved

When you say aux..i immediately thought an ipod port which yes you can (will sit next to the gearlever)...but a factory amp sub port no!

The stereo i want to put in has an aux input on the front so id just need that fitted. I think its a sony one. Its got a usb, aux, cd and radio.

But if i could get the aux through my stereo and have the auxilery lead by the gearstick, that is prefered aha

You will have to change the radio unfortunaltely, i no for sure that you can only have an aux connection if you have the model radio with the Aux button any other model just will not work!!!!!