Stogies

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

Hi,

What it is, is I have used strong double sided self adhesive tape to stick my taxi plate to the bumper. I have now purchased a bracket, removed the plate however I am left with a lot if dry, hard glue in the bumper!

I have scrubbed and scrubbed with WD40, power washed the rear with tescos self service and even paid to get it valeted. Still nothing.

I'm hoping someone can give me some hope? It looks an absolute mess.. I've been told to try tcut or auto glym intensive tar remover, has anyone had any experience?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,911 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

Petrol or sticky stuff remover should help.

http://m.diy.com/mt/...un_jtt_redirect

#3 Gary Minty Jupe

Gary Minty Jupe

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

try nail varnish remover (acetone)

#4 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 268 Sleeper
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Hi,

What it is, is I have used strong double sided self adhesive tape to stick my taxi plate to the bumper. I have now purchased a bracket, removed the plate however I am left with a lot if dry, hard glue in the bumper!

I even paid to get it valeted. Still nothing.

?

The valeters would (should) have had tar and glue remover, t-cut, cutting compound, power polishers etc (and more) - did you ask them to remove the glue from the bumper? / what did they say?/ what was their advice? (these were "proper" valeters and you dit not just stick the car in for a cheap wash, right?)

The tar and glue remover would normally remove residue from tape, stickers etc

The problem is not removing the glue, but removing the glue without damaging anything else - some solvents can melt plastics discolour paint etc, it would be wise to test whatever you plan to use on a hidden/ less visible area 1st, and wait to see if it causes problems  

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users