Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double Sided Tape On A 08 Mondy

Stogies

Hi,

What it is, is I have used strong double sided self adhesive tape to stick my taxi plate to the bumper. I have now purchased a bracket, removed the plate however I am left with a lot if dry, hard glue in the bumper!

I have scrubbed and scrubbed with WD40, power washed the rear with tescos self service and even paid to get it valeted. Still nothing.

I'm hoping someone can give me some hope? It looks an absolute mess.. I've been told to try tcut or auto glym intensive tar remover, has anyone had any experience?

Hi,

What it is, is I have used strong double sided self adhesive tape to stick my taxi plate to the bumper. I have now purchased a bracket, removed the plate however I am left with a lot if dry, hard glue in the bumper!

I even paid to get it valeted. Still nothing.

?

The valeters would (should) have had tar and glue remover, t-cut, cutting compound, power polishers etc (and more) - did you ask them to remove the glue from the bumper? / what did they say?/ what was their advice? (these were "proper" valeters and you dit not just stick the car in for a cheap wash, right?)

The tar and glue remover would normally remove residue from tape, stickers etc

The problem is not removing the glue, but removing the glue without damaging anything else - some solvents can melt plastics discolour paint etc, it would be wise to test whatever you plan to use on a hidden/ less visible area 1st, and wait to see if it causes problems

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club